Talk

Advanced search

Me & Em dress styling

(5 Posts)
RarelyUnreasonable Sun 04-Nov-12 10:23:47

I love the look of the Me&Em dresses and am looking for something that I can wear to a wedding 4 months post-natally (doing a reading and want to look vaguely together!), but that I can also use for the rare work meetings I attend (WAHM).
Would the Me&Em work for both? And how? Styling tips very welcome!

Hopefully Sun 04-Nov-12 10:32:58

I wear my cap sleeved ruched Me&Em for everything.

Work: with plain nude courts, a dardigan or blazer and gold accessories
Party/smart casual: with suede ankle boots, biker jacket, nude fishnets and layered accessories
Formal-ish: with skyscraper dark blue peeptoe heels, chunky gold jewellery (and theoretically a nice jacket or cardigan, but have only worn it for a wedding in v warm weather so far)

scripsi Sun 04-Nov-12 13:51:30

Sorry for the hijack: Hopefully, you really helped me with advice on ce me london/me and em dresses for returning to work. I opted for a similar ce me london dress due to price, but am ready to commit to a me and em dress now that I know I am confident enough to wear dresses (so the me and em dress will be for my Christmas present).
Would you mind linking to the one you have? I am thinking of a very dark blue. I haven't been particularly adventurous with the way I've styled the ce me london dress and am thinking of using it for Christmas parties too - could you describe how you layer accessories? I've never tried layering necklaces etc but I love the look so it would be great to have some pointers.

RarelyUnreasonable Sun 04-Nov-12 14:23:11

How about a blog post on the wonders of me&em? grin

Hopefully Sun 04-Nov-12 14:41:25

I might just have to rarely! My khaki Me & Em is probably the hardest worker in my wardrobe!

I have this one in navy (which isn't my colour, I keep meaning to ebay it) and khaki (which I dyed to a darker khaki colour, it was too pale for me), and I have this one in plum which I dyed dark brown. I am a size 10 and the size S is good for me.

Layering necklaces - nothing technical, just bunging on a load of different length of necklaces. I quite often wear my love knot necklace, this longer one and this leaf one. My accessories tend to be large scale though - if you suit smaller scale stuff it might be worth hunting down more delicate bits (Stella & Dot do a pretty good range). I like a mix of textures/materials/colour tones within a family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now