Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find the perfect 'country boots'?

(10 Posts)
LollopingLil Sun 04-Nov-12 10:10:48

Not sure if country boots is what they're actually called, but my DSis and I call them this. Long, waterproof but stylish boots - I believe they started out as riding boots advertised to the non-riding market. Something warm and practical for dog walks but better looking that walking boots.

Anyway, DH would like to get me some for my birthday, so I'm looking for ideas. I have humongous feet (8.5 blush) so anything too fussy is out as I don't want to draw attention to the buggers...

Morgansports Sun 04-Nov-12 10:16:12

Dubarry - madly expensive but worth every penny. Mine have a seam down inside so not suitable for riding anyway.

Gillybobs Sun 04-Nov-12 11:37:08

Joules do a pair called Carrick which are waterproof, fur lined lace up navy boots, brilliant for dog walking

LollopingLil Sun 04-Nov-12 11:38:23

Oh wow, I'm in love. They're about twice the price I was thinking but they look amazing <rummages down back of sofa>.

I'm assuming they'll last for years?

LollopingLil Sun 04-Nov-12 11:43:42

Hmm, bit tangential but I think DSis may be getting some Joules wellies plus welly socks for Christmas!

LollopingLil Sun 04-Nov-12 11:47:48

Very impressed by the range of sizes on the Dubarry btw. Up to a UK 13!

LemonBreeland Sun 04-Nov-12 11:54:15

I have some Ariat boots that are very similar to the Dubarry but cheaper. Our local farm supply store where I got them said they will last a lifetime. She said the staff there preferred them to Dubarry.

Mine are really cosy as well as being waterproof.

LemonBreeland Sun 04-Nov-12 11:59:38

Hope my link works, on my phone so tricky. I have the windemere, but they do a few lovely ones.

www.ariat-europe.com/index.php/virt-ret.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=9

ladyintheradiator Sun 04-Nov-12 12:28:15

Clarks have some gore tex long boots for a very reasonable £130.

dexter73 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:20:21

I have Musto leather boots which are thermal and waterproof. They are actually shooting boots but I wear them for walking the dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now