Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Uniqlo knitwear - how do you wash yours?

(12 Posts)
MadAboutHotChoc Sun 04-Nov-12 09:13:22

Bought a new jumper from there recently - my joy at having found one with a decent amount of wool faded when I realised its dry clean only.

Should I risk handwashing it?

mirai Sun 04-Nov-12 10:44:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Xiaoxiong Sun 04-Nov-12 11:09:51

Same with me - in fact I often wash the 2 merino jumpers I have from there on the 40c cotton cycle with everything else, it's been at least 4 years and they're going strong.

MaggieW Sun 04-Nov-12 11:20:37

Will watch with interest, as I've just bought five lambswool jumpers from there and, prompted by your post, find they're all labelled dry clean only. Surely can be hand or gentle machine washed?

Hopefully Sun 04-Nov-12 12:17:22

I was my merino on a cold gentle cycle and it is still looking good after a couple of dozen washes. Never had lambswool from there though.

mirai Sun 04-Nov-12 15:43:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToastedTeacakes Sun 04-Nov-12 16:55:01

My merino shrunk in cool handwash. very wary since.

MorrisZapp Sun 04-Nov-12 16:56:21

Buy a bigger size and let it shrink smile

NorthernNumpty Sun 04-Nov-12 16:57:46

My lambs wool ones are ok on the wool wash cycle

dexter73 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:11:25

I wash mine on a 30C wool wash - lambswool, cashmere and merino comes out fine.

Pandsbear Sun 04-Nov-12 19:50:10

I hand wash my jumpers and a wool tunic I bought from them and then spin in the machine. They've all been fine.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 04-Nov-12 20:26:25

I use wash mine on the woolwash cycle in the machine and use Woolite or Kindwash. Then I dry them flat on the airer all have been fine I have used this method for years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: