Talk

Advanced search

Can't wear jeans? Any suggestions

(7 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Sat 03-Nov-12 21:03:25

Went shopping today for new jeans & have decided they don't suit me at all. Had a baby 5 months ago by cs, but have always had a bit of a belly. Tried a size up, which fit at waist, but we're baggy on the leg - they were slim fit. Tried Next high waisted, it just gave me a super high muffin top even in a big size. Looking straight into mirror my waist does go in but it sticks out at front. It's partly posture & partly poor muscle tone I think. Also maybe a bit of bloating. Any suggestions for jeans, other clothes, exercises etc?

teta Sat 03-Nov-12 21:12:10

I have a belly too and i have found it really difficult to find jeans to suit my shape .I am managing to diet and exercise and am gradually losing weight but i am still apple shaped.I currrently love M&S jeggings-the pull on ones.They have a wide band of elastic that reduces muffin top .I've got the dark indigo and the black and they really are flattering.In 2 months i've gone down a size and they still look fine on me [even though most tops look too big now] Also they are relatively inexpensive if you are planning on losing weight in the long-term.

NewNames Sat 03-Nov-12 21:14:59

Marking my spot as I am struggling with jeans at the mo but don't know what else to wear!

GingerLemonTea Sat 03-Nov-12 21:21:54

Oh & partly fat! I have dark blue jeggings from DPs which I wear all the time. They suit ok, just tend to wear with long boots tho as too cold for pumps. Other than that I wear black leggings with a long top. Feel frumpy.
Maybe I could try another colour of jeggings.

DameFanny Sat 03-Nov-12 21:25:05

Pilates! Got all my stomach muscles back after a slash and grab by just doing 2 classes a week smile

teta Sat 03-Nov-12 21:36:47

Pilates will help as will lots of walking and any exercise really.Your body will take time to recover,so don't worry.Try a pilates dvd at home and also reducing carbs [if you are not breast feeding].I have just ordered the purple jeggings [as they were finally in stock].I willl report on how they look when i get them.

GingerLemonTea Mon 05-Nov-12 17:27:53

Tried the M&S jeggings today(14) & New Look high waisted soft jeans(16). Both were ok at the waist, but too baggy at the lower leg! Don't know what to wear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now