Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these boots?

(30 Posts)
Marrow Sat 03-Nov-12 20:37:43

I've been searching for weeks for nice but comfortable boots. I tried these on today and they fit well but I'm not sure if they aren't a bit frumpy. Think I was put off by the fact that an elderly lady was buying a pair as I was trying them on! www.moshulu.co.uk/ladies/ladies_boots/mardi.htm

Shinyshoes1 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:39:03

nice....i like them smile

HoopDePoop Sat 03-Nov-12 20:43:56

Bit old lady-ish, sorry! Much nicer boots around for that money - try Clarks or Fly maybe?

germyrabbit Sat 03-Nov-12 20:44:46

old lady?? i like them

Selks Sat 03-Nov-12 20:45:42

They're good, but I think it will depend what they're worn with.

Marrow Sat 03-Nov-12 20:48:50

I've tried Clarks with no joy. I struggle to get shoes to fit my weird shaped feet. Not tried Fly. Will see if there are any stockists nearby as really need to try them on first.

mumzy Sat 03-Nov-12 20:49:22

I saw someone wearing these on the tube today and wondered what brand they were. They looked very stylish

Marrow Sat 03-Nov-12 20:49:30

Will mainly be wearing them with jeans and occasionally with a denim skirt.

CockBollocks Sat 03-Nov-12 20:50:03

I dont like them - sorry.

If you do though thats all that matters.

cocolepew Sat 03-Nov-12 20:50:51

Nice I would like them. I'm not an old woman grin

RyleDup Sat 03-Nov-12 20:51:15

I like them. I might get a pair myself.

Slainte Sat 03-Nov-12 21:11:24

I like them. I bought these this week and they're very comfy.

RSVPentathlon Sat 03-Nov-12 21:23:08

i like them, they look comfortable but not old lady comfortable iyswim

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sun 04-Nov-12 00:01:39

I don't think they look old lady-ish at all, I like them.

tak1ngchances Sun 04-Nov-12 00:18:21

They really are old lady boots. They are not stylish at all and I very much doubt they would be flattering. A la the clothes of Boden, White Stuff and Fat Face

Helltotheno Sun 04-Nov-12 00:27:39

Wow sit on the fence there tak1ng hmm

I like them OP although for myself, I need more of a heel. I think arbitrarily branding a pair of boots 'old ladyish' is a bit much tbh! If an old lady chose, she could go into a shop that was the cutting edge of fashion and kit herself out... would we be calling those clothes old ladyish then???

tak1ngchances Sun 04-Nov-12 00:29:55

Don't be so ridiculous, some clothes are clearly marketed to and worn by younger people, and some by older generations.
Marrow was asking for opinions as she thought they might be frumpy - so why would anyone sit on the fence?

Helltotheno Sun 04-Nov-12 00:34:29

You're not particularly constructive let's face it. People can wear what they want. The way the clothes look depends largely on the wearer. I'm sure if Kate Moss donned those boots they'd look fab on her.

tak1ngchances Sun 04-Nov-12 00:41:38

Yes that is true (about Kate M).
I am being v honest because the OP is about to spend money. I'm like this with all my friends when it comes to fashion purchases: searingly honest. I personally think it's far more constructive than saying what someone wants to hear or being nicey nicey. I would hate people to be all "yeah that's quite nice" to me when I asked for their honest opinion and then I ended up with a wardrobe full of things that didn't flatter me.
These boots will almost certainly give the wearer cankles and there are much more flattering styles out there.
please note this is in no way an indictment on the OP's ankles, or looks in general, I am sure she is gorgeous

Helltotheno Sun 04-Nov-12 00:43:51

There's a happy medium.

Good night.

mejon Sun 04-Nov-12 14:12:24

I like them - can't see any difference between them and the MN fave Fly boots. And as for calling them old lady boots then recommending Clarks instead - confused? They also come in wider leg fitting so I'm tempted to have a look. I have cankles tak1ngchances so they couldn't make mine look any worse grin.

fedupofnamechanging Sun 04-Nov-12 15:28:41

I think old lady too - it's the soles, with those moulded rubber bits.

They would be functional, but not flattering or beautiful. They would just be there, keeping your feet dry, but not adding anything else.

snowmummy Sun 04-Nov-12 21:02:40

I like them and would wear them but then maybe I am an old lady smile

FrameyMcFrame Sun 04-Nov-12 21:35:14

They remind me of these boots DMS

snowmummy Sun 04-Nov-12 21:42:57

yep like the dms too but they're too wide for my calves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now