Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have the Clinique chubby sticks?

(17 Posts)
gregssausageroll Sat 03-Nov-12 16:37:30

Are they any good?

scentednappyhag Sat 03-Nov-12 16:39:04

I always chicken out of buying one in case the sales assistant laughs at the chubby girl buying a chubby stick blush watching with interest to see if they're worth the potential ridicule grin

shoeprincess2 Sat 03-Nov-12 16:43:49

I have 2 and I have to say, I am very disappointed with them. They are overpriced for what they are- they have the longevity of a lip balm. Nice choice of colours, but I would rather pay a pound more and buy one of the Clarins Joli Rouge Brilliants, as they are sheer but last much, much longer. The idea of the chubby stick is good and they look nice, but they don't deserve all the plaudits that they seem to be getting at the moment!

Meggles76 Sat 03-Nov-12 16:43:49

I like them. I am a Clinique fan generally. I had a pink one which looked nice. Currently have a nude shade and a red one.
I am a skinny short arse so can't comment on possibility of chubby laughter ;-)

MsArseBiscuit Sat 03-Nov-12 16:46:08

I have a natural pink one and it's a bit meh, I think they're overpriced for what they are, I think Revlon or someone does a cheaper, and better, alternative.

coffeeinbed Sat 03-Nov-12 16:49:17

The Revlon ones are lovely.
Apparently Clinique will be bringing out a new version later - Intense or something.

alemci Sat 03-Nov-12 16:49:49

i really like them. I have 2. fishes in bag. super strawberry - had to stop dd running off with it smile

Trills Sat 03-Nov-12 17:00:48

I think you may be a bit paranoid there nappybag. But you might like this smile

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Sat 03-Nov-12 17:02:36

I like mine - I got one in a clinique freebie (which is one of those freebies which is worth it, a bag, pink chubby stick, pink blusher, mascara, eye cream, make up remover, liquid soap). But to be honest it is exactly the same as my pink tinted Carmex lipbalm which cost £4.

I like the packaging of it - but wouldn't pay much for it, I think No 17 does a similar product.

Trills Sat 03-Nov-12 17:16:27

I have so many of those little mascaras, they never give away the one that I actually like.

Sparkletastic Sat 03-Nov-12 17:17:54

Clinique too light and no lasting power at all. Revlon version half the price and twice as good.

scentednappyhag Sat 03-Nov-12 17:19:25

trills grin
But yes, I'm definitely paranoid. I can't even order a diet coke without feeling like a fraud grin

reindeerjumper Sat 03-Nov-12 17:55:11

The Revlon one is excellent

gregssausageroll Sat 03-Nov-12 17:56:49

Could you link the revlon one?

lurkingaround Sat 03-Nov-12 18:28:17

Another vote for Revlon here. In fact I like a lot of their makeup. Even the long lasting foundation is pas mal indeed, doublewear light it is not, but a good second.

justasecond Sat 03-Nov-12 22:45:00

I have one but don't like it, it just doesn't look right. I love their lip plumping glosses though. Revlon lip butter a cheaper alternative

Tamisara Sat 03-Nov-12 22:51:24

Are they similar to the 17 Mirror Shine lippies? <clueless> The reason I ask is the Revlon lip butters are supposed to be the same as 17.

I have several of the 17 ones, they are really good, and at the moment buy one, get one half price (around £4.50 each)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now