Talk

Advanced search

How can I disguise my bright red nose?

(17 Posts)
OhYoubadbadKitten Sat 03-Nov-12 15:05:18

In the winter I seem to go around with a bright red nose and cheeks. It's got to the point where kids ask about it at work and its making me feel self conscious sad
I'm not one for makeup, but it has dawned on me that there might be something that I could apply to hide it. Has anyone any suggestions please? My skin is pretty sensitive and quite dry in patches.

PixieHot Sat 03-Nov-12 15:07:37

Lily Lolo corrector

scentednappyhag Sat 03-Nov-12 15:08:04

Green concealer? It works for toning down the redness of spots, might help?

DontmindifIdo Sat 03-Nov-12 15:09:10

some green tinged conceller and then foundation like Estee Lauder double wear (so it stays put).

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sat 03-Nov-12 15:38:55

I have found a yellow, rather than green cnoncealor, works best. Benefit do one in a stick form, and also a yellow powder

GoingToBedfordshire Sat 03-Nov-12 15:46:57

Am prone to the same thing and use this stuff from Boots
Use it daily and think it makes a significant difference.

Saying that, may be worth a trip to the GP to rule out rosacea? My mum suffers with that but got steroid treatment and diary advice from the doc which really improved her symptoms.

GoingToBedfordshire Sat 03-Nov-12 15:48:39

Dietary advice!

katykoo Sat 03-Nov-12 16:00:33

Was going to ask the same question today ! My husband reckons I have a whiskey nose ( I don't drink whiskey by the way, like a glass of Sauvignon Blanc or two !)

OhYoubadbadKitten Sat 03-Nov-12 17:25:20

I do keep thinking mild rosacea but I don't think I could bear going to the gp with yet another complaint at the moment! I've got severe raynauds, so it could be nose raynauds! I've got some steroid cream for my psoriasis so I could see if its the same as the gp would prescribe.....

Do you reckon I could combine the boots gel stuff with the lily logo corrector ( which I love the look of!)

I knew you lot would have a good selection of solutions to try. Thank you smile

SauvignonBlanche Sat 03-Nov-12 17:29:37

I find this range good.

OhYoubadbadKitten Sat 03-Nov-12 17:32:19

Oh that's cool. I hadn't realised theres a whole industry based around this issue! Everyone else I see seem to have normal coloured noses (unless they have a cold)

SauvignonBlanche Sat 03-Nov-12 17:34:28

Not me!

GoingToBedfordshire Sat 03-Nov-12 18:27:25

Yes to combining the Boots Calm Skin + concealer (although cannot comment on the Lily Lolo one specifically).

I use Calm Skin, then tinted moisturiser (or moisturiser + foundation if going out).

Slap on some green corrector stuff if particularly rosy, but haven't needed to much at all since using the Calm Skin every morning.

44SoStartingOver Sat 03-Nov-12 18:32:10

Am so sorry, but red you title and thought, don't hide it accentuate with a pair of antlers!

Then realised you were asking proper question! I find bare minerals bisque a good alternative to concealer and very wearable!

OhYoubadbadKitten Sat 03-Nov-12 19:56:10

You meany 44!
grin

I will at least be seasonal soon.

I'm going to try some of that boots stuff and some yellow concealer and will report back. Thank you smile

44SoStartingOver Sat 03-Nov-12 20:16:40

Joke against myself really! I also have red hair - tres chic

IShallWearMidnight Sat 03-Nov-12 20:21:58

I got a sample of the Boots stuff when I did the foundation match thing- the assistant was brilliant, and insisted I had a small tube of the stuff to try before I forked out£18 for it. It has made a bit of a difference I think after a couple of weeks of using it most mornings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now