Talk

Advanced search

maybelline any good?

(6 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 10:20:50

sooo, i have tirelessly read many posts and i have realised that at 37 its time to grow up and start to wear make up. I feel like i look old and i need to feel fresh faced and young again.
have just seen an advert for maybelline fit me. was thinking it might be best. have looked online at tutorials and im gonna give it a go.
im looking for advice and recommendations please

what make up domu wear and what will make me look young again?

Ilovecrossfit Sat 03-Nov-12 10:42:59

Hi
It won't really answer your question, I don't use Maybeline but before you spend some money go to Debenhams and ask for some samples. You don't want to spend money for something you won't like or use. I don't think Maybeline does samples, so maybe ask for some advice in Boots or Superdrug. I love Chanel, is bit pricey But iused to buy other stuff and I'd never use them as foundation wouldn't last long etc etc so is definitely worth researching the market.

Another thing is ask yourself how good is your skin? You may just need a tinted moisturiser to give you a nice even glow or BB cream. Am I right To think Maybeline does the mousse foundation which some of my friends with flawless skin swear by..I'm 33 and don't like too much make up ( so for example Estée Lauder isn't my favourite) ...so to sum it may take a while before you find your perfect make up smile

AnitaBlake Sat 03-Nov-12 11:05:58

A lot of the makeup counters will do a free session with you. I've found Estee Lauder particularly good, with no pressure or obligation to buy anything. They'll give you lots of ideas on what suits you and how to apply it.

AnitaBlake Sat 03-Nov-12 11:06:47

Lol, cross-posted!

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Sat 03-Nov-12 11:09:35

I use the gel eye liner - as it is oil free. but only when I have eyelash extensions on.

Try a department store for a mini make over and get some samples to try at home. That way you wont have spent a fortune on something that you wont use.

I agree Estee Lauder are good at giving you foundations to try - enough to last for ages. grin

BeauNeidel Sat 03-Nov-12 13:12:45

I think if you haven't worn make up before it would really be best to be matched at a makeup counter. I find it incredibly hard to match drugstore foundations.

I like the new Lancome foundation, but I often buy drugstore other bits. Maybelline 'the falsies' mascara is fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now