Talk

Advanced search

Help please: smart black jacket with hood

(16 Posts)
copycat Fri 02-Nov-12 23:17:47

Aargh! Can anyone help me find a smart, fitted, warm-ish black jacket to wear to work with skirt or trousers please with a decent hood that is not parka style nor quilted or padded puffa style and does not have epaulets or toggles like a duffle coat. Fur is okay. Budget £40-£60. Thank you.

DebK2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 09:40:24

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_002010730043_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ECoats+%26amp%3B+jackets

copycat Sat 03-Nov-12 13:12:56

Ooh thanks DebK

I actually really like that coat but it is navy apparently not black. It's also more 'casual' than I really want because it has that parka style 'tail' at the back. If it had been black I probably would have ordered it anyway because I like it! I think I'm probably wanting more of a pea coat style jacket which is shorter.

Thank you anyway smile

DebK2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 16:54:35

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_007010741760_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7ESale%7EWomen%7EDresses

copycat Sun 04-Nov-12 16:03:08

Thanks again DebK ... but that link is for a dress smile

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 04-Nov-12 16:08:13

How about this

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 04-Nov-12 16:09:02

Oops only up to a 10! Will be okay if you're a skinny mini smile

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 04-Nov-12 16:10:59

This is slightly longer

cathyandclaire Sun 04-Nov-12 16:45:24

I spotted that New Look one as well, looks good if you're tiny.
This has (p)leather trim in brown but is black wool:
ASOS

copycat Sun 04-Nov-12 19:17:29

Thank you both very much. I like the New Look one because it is shaped and fitted at the waist. That is the style I think I had in mind. I would normally be a size 10 but I think New Look coats come up a little small. Of more concern though is the quality as I would rather pay twice as much or more for better quality material. A couple of years ago I purchased a fairly similar jacket from Asda for around £25 and although I still like the coat it looks very bobbly and scruffy and cheap now.

I have seen the DP jacket in the shops but it is a little too long and not really the shape I want. Likewise the lovely ASOS jacket is not, I don't think, the right shape to wear with a skirt. I'm getting fairly desperate so I might order this one from ASOS as it is kind of fitted at the back but again I think it is too long and it's not really what I want. Aargh I'm a nightmare!

Huge thanks anyway x

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 04-Nov-12 21:32:55

I like this too but it's out of budget! I had a new look one a few years ago and while it only lasted the one year I did wear it to death

copycat Sun 04-Nov-12 22:06:49

Ha WYDTF, frustratingly the link doesn't work. I bet it was the perfect jacket for me too grin

WillYouDoTheFandango Mon 05-Nov-12 20:36:41

grin 'twas this but its probably linger than you want. I just like the frockiness of it!

copycat Mon 05-Nov-12 21:25:00

Ooh you're good at this WYDTF smile I like the Top Shop coat too but you're right it's not what I set out to buy sad hurrumph

Where else can I look for a non-padded, non-quilted, expensive-looking, good quality, belted or shaped, short black jacket with a hood and no toggles or epaulets for up to £60/70 grin grin (not that I'm fussy or after anything specific at all)

WillYouDoTheFandango Wed 07-Nov-12 21:51:06

I love coats but am 33 weeks pregnant so am saving myself for the sales!

Next? Asos? BHS (usually have surprisingly nice coats)? Wallis

I think that's the list for that price range!

copycat Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:46

Thanks WYDTF have checked those sites (and others like M&S, Isme, H&M, HoF, eBay, Amazon, Boohoo, DPs, TKMaxx, La Redoute) ... erm I'm clearly incredibly fussy or terribly unfashionable or both grin Hmm I haven't looked at River Island or Gap or Zara (probably too expensive) but I think I've got bored looking now! Thank you for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now