Talk

Advanced search

SO, these estee lauder blockbuster boxes

(17 Posts)
yellowbottle Fri 02-Nov-12 21:39:22

Anyone get them? Worth it? Is the lancome one nice?

yellowbottle Sat 03-Nov-12 13:22:14

Anyone? Before I end up buying a shitty bottle of pleasures because it is the cheapest estee lauder fragrance I can buy to get the box.....

cocobongo Sat 03-Nov-12 14:39:42

well, do you like estee lauder make-up? i don't (hate the smell in particular, and found the eyeshadows make my skin react) so wouldn't be worth it from my point of view. but if you liked the make-up and there were loads of colours etc you would wear, then it would be more likely to worth it for you.

gregssausageroll Sat 03-Nov-12 14:47:41

It's not had a good review on the boots website.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 03-Nov-12 14:51:29

No rush they will have it up to Christmas.

Can you palm the perfume off as a Christmas present for someone - personally I think Beautiful is a bit nicer?

Why not see if the assistants will give you a makeover using the colours? From what I have seen of the box its a bit bright for my taste and I would be a bit worried that I wouldn't use many of the colours. However it is good value.

I'd prefer just to buy myself the Bobbi Brown palette as at least its a smaller size and I would use everything, plus by the time you have bought the perfume its roughly the same price.

yellowbottle Sun 04-Nov-12 08:15:10

Thanks everyone. Must go have a look at the Bobbi Brown palette now.....

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 08:40:45

The bb palette looks gorgeous. I am ordering tomorrow.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 04-Nov-12 09:53:31

Which one you looking at Greg? Is it the Bellini or the Caviar? Just seen the Bellini on the JL website and it looks lush but I have just bought this beauty //www.johnlewis.com/231684915/Product.aspx which has the best lipstick colour ever ( but dammit only available through the bag so I can't stock up) so not sure I can justify it.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 04-Nov-12 09:54:45

Whoops not sure that link worked its the silver bag with the limited pretty pink and platinum collection

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 09:56:51

Caviar. Looked at the one you just posted. I am safe as I am not keen on pot rouge.

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 09:58:00

I also want to try the brightening finishing powder.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 11:05:44

phwoarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr @ Bobbi Brown sets.

Link me more, please!

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 15:40:41

caviar

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 15:41:22

powder

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 16:53:22

<faints> I want them both! DAMN empty bank account

iamamug Sun 04-Nov-12 19:58:14

I have the Estée Lauder box about every 3 years . As I always wear their make up it is perfect for me. The blushers and lipsticks are usually fairly neutral colours and the brushes always nice.
The presentation is a bit hit and miss. I have the one from about 3 years ago on my dressing table with all my make up in but this year it looks like a holdall and I don't know if I would use that.
I think it is excellent value if you look at the price of individual items and makes a lovely gift.

yellowbottle Tue 06-Nov-12 16:19:26

Mmm, I have to say the case / bag thing isn't doing much for me. I wear Double Wear but that isn't really relevant to the pack. I need to do a big clear out of old makeup and realistically what I need is nice neutral daytime colours.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now