Talk

Advanced search

Secret Sales - anyone successfully cancelled an order before despatch?

(3 Posts)
bean612 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:29:55

Sorry, bit specific! I've been a complete numpty and ordered loads of maternity/nursing bras with a view to choosing the best-fitting ones and sending the rest back. Only to discover (after completing the order, of course) that they don't accept returns for lingerie. Aargh - I'm such an idiot.

Now thinking I'm going to have to try and sell them all on eBay. Unless I can cancel the order before the sale ends (midnight Monday). Does anyone know? (customer services is only Mon-Fri and I know I'm going to spend the weekend fretting...) TIA for any info!

mysteryfairy Fri 02-Nov-12 23:19:08

You poor thing! The site doesn't give any suggestion that this is possible but I would definitely try anyway. If you get nowhere you could have a plan b of not signing for the order so it gets returned as undelivered. This has accidentally happened to me twice, once with a phone and once with a Hollister order, and in both cases I eventually got a refund.

bean612 Sat 03-Nov-12 00:30:54

Oh, that's a thought. But wouldn't that mean I'd basically have to refuse to sign for it? Not being in probably wouldn't work, since I have helpful neighbours who often take deliveries in for me without me having asked them.

I did find on the website that they say they can't amend orders, but if you want to change an item for an alternative one, then you can place a new order and ring them to cancel the original one. So perhaps they'd allow me to place a new, smaller order and cancel the original larger one? What do you think?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now