Talk

Advanced search

Where to shop in Manchester?

(6 Posts)
temporary Fri 02-Nov-12 17:03:24

I am going to be spending about 3-4 hours in Manchester tomorrow, arriving into Picadilly and departing from there.
I have done this before, and last time I wandered down to the Deansgate/Arndale area (not sure what this is called). I am just wondering if there is another area that is good, maybe with more independent shops?

MsArseBiscuit Fri 02-Nov-12 17:58:25

I think it depends what kinds of shops you like, I reckon that the more independent shops will be in the Northern Quarter, vintage/unusual stuff in Affleck's Palace, posh shops are on Kings' Street, with Harvey Nichols and Selfridges near the cathedral. The Barton Arcade is near St Anne's Square, as is Space NK and an Office outlet shop. House of Fraser ( Kendals ) is just behind there, on Deansgate.

MsArseBiscuit Fri 02-Nov-12 17:59:02

Oh and The Triangle, opposite the Printworks.

temporary Fri 02-Nov-12 18:31:53

Oh, wow, it sounds like there is lots I have not discovered.
Where is the Northern Quarter? I def don't want the shops on Kings' street, I have seen those.
Is Affleck's Palace for youngsters?
What has The Triangle got?

temporary Fri 02-Nov-12 18:48:55

That's great, thanks, MsARse, I have just been and googled those places and they look like they are well worth a visit.

MsArseBiscuit Fri 02-Nov-12 20:18:22

Sorry Temporary, got distracted for a while there - I'm an old dear but I quite like Afflecks, it's full of all sorts. One of the best things about Manchester is that it's pretty compact so all those places are within walking distance. I'm trying to remember what's in the Triangle, it's a while since I've been in - they had a Moda in Pelle and a Bravissimo. I've a feeling that they have a few accessories shops.
I hope you have a lovely time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now