Talk

Advanced search

I don't give a fig for your Merrell Ellenwood

(5 Posts)
outdressedlikethis Fri 02-Nov-12 11:15:12

Actually I do - but I need to know what the heck colour 'fig heather' is. Hovering between that and the definitely decent but potentially a little school-uniform ink heather.

Does anyone have one? Can they tell me how 'bright' the purple is?

Can I believe that as a 40 year old woman I am writing this? And yet, it is important.

Happybell Fri 02-Nov-12 20:27:47

Welcome to my world, I'm desperate (a desperate 40 year old) also looking for one. Tried a fig heather one on in blacks the other day. it's purple but bluey purple. I personally didn't like it, had it been dark purple maybe. I'm now looking at the charcoal heather one. Why oh why don't they just say they colour rather than giving it some fancy name?

outdressedlikethis Fri 02-Nov-12 22:24:14

Happy to join your world, Happybell! Now that's really useful, thank you. Bluey purple - we would stand out like bizarre cuddly toys. The charcoal heather looks more stylish from pics (though wouldn't suit me).
Have you thought of going for 'Ink Heather' - apparently a 'midnight' blue.
Are we really writing about this? We are, aren't we.

Amiable Fri 02-Nov-12 22:35:24

Agree about the daft names - I've been looking at it online and can't work out if fig heather is a colour I'd wear or not - I love purple, but is it the right sort of purple (and outdressed, I'm 42 so right with ya wink!)

outdressedlikethis Sat 03-Nov-12 08:13:46

I adore purple too. It's a problem.
Ok, in between thinking about the state of the world, etc, I have been doing Colour Research. I have found this:

the figgy one
http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/043217.html?gclid=CL7GveyrsrMCFXDLtAodjkIAMw

the navy one
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/shop-blackleaf-61-1-412285.html

The figgy one could go either way, couldn't it? But I'm thinking the navy one will at least go with the zillion black and brown things in my wardrobe. Whereas the purple one I may have to wear with nothing underneath.

Am I helping?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now