Talk

Advanced search

I need some flat-ish shoes that arent frumpy to wear with a shift dress

(9 Posts)
ladyintheradiator Fri 02-Nov-12 08:08:47

Do any exist? I can't wear heels. Got a job interview eek. Sorry its boring but my eyes are swimming from a sea of mid height courts.

FunnyLittleFrog Fri 02-Nov-12 08:18:15

Oasis are good for smart flats.

BegoniaBigtoes Fri 02-Nov-12 08:23:03

Oh I feel your pain. Why can't they make the same glam shoes that they make with huge heels, but in low/flat versions? Instead it seems if you need a low heel you must also be a frump.

I have never found these mythical shoes so watching the thread, but in your situation I would wear a dress with knee- high smart boots. Luckily it's a time of year when that's a good option. Amazon is a good place to search, they have loads.

suntodayplease Fri 02-Nov-12 08:49:45

If your happy to wear flats, Dune do some lovely smart flat shoes, more substantial than ballet flats.

ladyintheradiator Fri 02-Nov-12 08:57:11

Ooh thanks, I'm going into town so I'll look in Dune and Oasis. It's not for a week so if no luck there I'll try amazon. I've got some nice ballet flats from Zara but I think that's the problem - not substantial enough. I wanted to wear a smart cardigan (shrug ish?) over the dress so need the shoes to be smarter I think?

I hadnt considered boots due to the cost, but if I can't find shoes I'll consider it an investment smile

anniewoo Fri 02-Nov-12 08:57:41

Try Bisue Ballerinas on Brand Alley or Pretty Ballerinas or French Sole. £££'s though

suntodayplease Fri 02-Nov-12 09:24:24

Love these...

www.dune.co.uk/mobile/latrice-patent-trim-pony-loafer-0076505410072036/

polyhymnia Fri 02-Nov-12 10:25:36

Nice ones in Hobbs - also Russell and Bromley, though not cheap.

anniewoo Sat 03-Nov-12 08:55:35

When will Russell and Bromley's website be up and running?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now