Talk

Advanced search

Down jacket with hood for 8 yr old girl

(9 Posts)
Brandnewbrighttomorrow Thu 01-Nov-12 22:17:52

DD currently has a north face nuptse jacket, she's been in it for 2 years already and I was hoping we might just get through this winter too but she's had a huge growth spurt and it's just getting too small. Have loved it aside from the lack of hood.

DS has a lands end down jacket which is fantastic, light and warm with a hood, got it in the sale too grin so I ordered the girls one but the fit is odd (narrow body, baggy arms) and it's a vicious colour.

I've been having a hunt online and the only one i found was this from Patagonia which I love but can't stretch to $169 and don't know what their sizings are like either - so would not want to order from the US.

Can anyone suggest a down filled jacket with a hood for a tall (132cm i think) almost 8 yr old girl please? Budget circa £60 but might stretch for something gorgeous, have two girls so will get passed on.

CMOTDibbler Thu 01-Nov-12 22:35:53

I had a LE catalogue this week with a whole new range of down childrens clothes, so might be worth another look. Ds's new down coat is from them.

His old one was Spotty Otter which are £90 odd, but v good quality, and looks like I'll get more than half that back on ebay

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Thu 01-Nov-12 23:19:36

Thanks cmotdibbler which lands end coat did you go for? I ordered the shorter one but it's going back tomorrow. Also which colour? I ordered the purple initially then the pink but both very bright - the pink is luminous! I've just found this which is the perfect shape but not down filled. I guess the Swedish know a thing or two about staying warm mind. Thanks for the spotty otter suggestion, that's a possible - what's the sizing like? DD is currently in 8-9 clothing but not many coats come in that size - they're either 7-8 or 9-10 so she's floating in the middle. A bad time to grow out of her old one!

Bonsoir Fri 02-Nov-12 07:28:51

Try Benetton.

GrumpyCrossPatch Fri 02-Nov-12 08:09:11

Second vote for spotty otter. DS and DD have their coats and are always warm.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 05-Nov-12 23:44:29

Off to check out benetton on Friday when I'm in London, don't get into town often so very excited! If no go I have bookmarked the spotty otter ones, may be a good option for DS when he outgrows his lands end one. Many thanks for your suggestions smile

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sat 10-Nov-12 12:40:29

Success! Benetton came up trumps grin thanks very much bonsoir thanks

Every second person on regent street was wearing a down filled jacket yesterday - I was surprised as hardly anyone has them here (apart from us) I've had mine for about three years and basically just take up residence in it as soon as the weather takes a turn for the worse!

Turquoiseblue Sun 11-Nov-12 07:57:04

Was just about to pop on and suggest bennetton smile glad you re sorted. My dd looks snuggly in hers.

Bonsoir Sun 11-Nov-12 09:31:44

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now