Talk

Advanced search

Please help me decide between these 2 dresses

(14 Posts)
TiredMule Thu 01-Nov-12 11:42:32

I've bought this black Phase Eight dress
and this purple lace dress from DP's which both look better on.
I can't decide between them.
I'm 30, 5"8 size 10/12, blonde hair, hazel eyes.

The Phase8 one feels lovely, not sure about the exposed zip on the dp one, but love the deep v on the back. Also the dp one has no showing bra strap issue-the p8 one does.

Which one should I keep and what should I wear it with?
Please help-I am completely hopeless at making decisions!!

Hopefully Thu 01-Nov-12 11:44:59

On first impressions I like the Phase 8 one best, but it sounds like you like the DP one better on you? Which one is better on?

dexter73 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:48:13

I have the phase 8 dress in navy. I wear it with a navy bra and you can hardly see the straps - I hadn't thought of it as an issue! I love it as it is very flattering and slinky. I have worn it twice now and had lots of compliments. I'm not so keen on the high neck on the dp dress.

Vix07 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:51:02

Like the Phase 8 one, looks really elegant, and you could probably get away with visible (black) straps as they will look like they are attached to the camisole part?

TalesFromTheCryptoFascist Thu 01-Nov-12 11:51:33

I prefer the Phase Eight one. the DP looks a bit frumpy in the photo (sorry, I think it's the length).

What shoes are you wearing with them?

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 11:52:04

Phase 8.

Trills Thu 01-Nov-12 11:52:26

Black one.

Not keen on the blue colour of the "purple one".

TiredMule Thu 01-Nov-12 11:52:43

They are both lovely on, think I'm surprised by the dp one as it looks much better on than I thought it would-it doesn't look great in the photos-ordered it on the strengths of the reviews and the price and wasn't expecting much tbh. The phase8 one is lovely....wish I could keep them both but can onely just about afford one!
I wish I hadn't ordered secretly so I could get dh to help decide grin

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 11:53:42

Gwan...have both...grin

TiredMule Thu 01-Nov-12 11:55:24

Oooh I'd love it in Navy-but think it was still full price sad
The purple isn't too blue.
Think i'm struggling as have been told by stepmil that I shouldn't wear black (she's just trained to do 'colours') I think the black looks good though....

TiredMule Thu 01-Nov-12 11:59:38

Just looking at the dp one online again-looks so much better on!
I'd love both but funds won't allow...plus I rarely go out so i'd have to wear them around the house!
I'm not sure what shoes-what do you think? I have limited selection-black heeled ankle boots, navy wedge ankle boots, v high purple peep toe things...think that may be it!

sweetheart Thu 01-Nov-12 12:02:10

I prefer the DP dress because I think the colour is nicer and with your colouring you shouldn't really wear black if you adhear to the season rules.

dexter73 Thu 01-Nov-12 12:08:18

I don't think they do the navy at the moment. I got mine at the beginning of March but it did get reduced by 50% in the summer sale. I wear it with black heels or shoe boots.

TiredMule Wed 07-Nov-12 08:11:17

Thank you all for your help! I kept the phase eight one in the end-it is lovely and actually the black looks better on than the purple! It feels so much better quality than the do one obviously and I think is a bit more classic, and was a bargin! Just have to style it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now