Talk

Advanced search

denim skirts?

(10 Posts)
whatatwat Wed 31-Oct-12 22:58:38

Where can I get one? Not bum skimming, not horrible calf length? Any ideas?

iWILLdothis Thu 01-Nov-12 07:51:39

Boden have them every season. They call it a "mini" but the longer length sits just on the knee on me (5ft 3")

ujjayi Thu 01-Nov-12 07:55:13

Also recommend Boden. Mine is 2 years old now but their denim generally is good quality with a good indigo hue, if that's the shade you are after. I am 5'6" and their mini lengths sit just above the knee on me.

suntodayplease Thu 01-Nov-12 08:13:14

The M&S one is dreadful fit and shape, I've got one from Isabella Oliver, its generous so size down. It's quite dark and stitching is white so doesn't go well with everything that easily. I've recently picked one up from White Stuff (in JL concession) of all places. Nice length and perhaps more casual than the IO one, so goes with more. I'm always on the hunt for a good denim skirt!

2madboys Thu 01-Nov-12 08:18:30

I'm wearing a Boden one at the mo. It's really nice denim. I also have one from Gap - I wear mine because I like the style, but their skirts are actually square. I have no waist at all and the waist on that skirt is massive on me but fits round the hips/bum (I'm not big). Recently sent another Gap to the charity shop for the same reason.

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 01-Nov-12 10:55:15

Ditto re Boden and Gap skirts - I have one of each.

espanol Thu 01-Nov-12 10:57:53

Hobbs have a few good ones on their outlet at the moment for around £30-40 i think but not my size sad I'll check out Boden.

Eliza22 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:42:28

I have a Seasalt one, bought a couple of years ago. Size down though as they're generous on fitting.

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 11:46:26

Yes, avoid the M&S one.

Sleepyfergus Thu 01-Nov-12 16:23:44

Another vote here for the Boden one. I have one in the dark indigo and one in the day to day denim colour. Nice fitting. I've 5 ft 6 and the stand length is above the knee on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now