Talk

Advanced search

Inexpensive crackle nail polish

(10 Posts)
JemimaMuddledUp Wed 31-Oct-12 21:56:16

I fancy trying crackle nail polish, but don't have lots of money to spend. I've seen some in the Avon catalogue, does anyone know if it is any good? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap brand?

emsyj Wed 31-Oct-12 21:59:00

They had some branded stuff (OPI possibly???) in TK Maxx last week, worth a look in there.

fridgepants Wed 31-Oct-12 22:14:45

I like Barry M. Considering the price, I didn't have high hopes - before I bought higher-end polishes I'd only used Boots 17 and it chipped in minutes - but all their polishes have been pretty good in my experience. I like their white crackle coat on top of blue polish for a mackerel sky effect.

Emandlu Wed 31-Oct-12 22:17:09

Another vote for Barry M here too. Lasts ages and looks great!

zillyzilly Wed 31-Oct-12 22:18:18

BarryM for me too.

The £2.99 MUA stuff from Superdrug is brilliant (only tried the black and purple so far) Had lots of comments when I was wearing it last week.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 31-Oct-12 22:45:15

Barry M, Rimmel or Nails Inc from ASOS

GlaikitFizZombie Wed 31-Oct-12 22:46:01

Avon! smile

sleepdodger Thu 01-Nov-12 00:07:51

Got mine in primarni!

ProPerformer Thu 01-Nov-12 00:21:27

Barry M and Mua again from me... I'm wearing some at the moment.... Barry M dark purple varnish with the Barry M purple crackle on top. Why purple and purple? I wanted a 'weathered' look to my nails for Halloween, but hate it when their chipped.... It works perfectly!

I have crackle in black, white, purple and gold and have put red, green and blue on my Christmas list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now