Talk

Advanced search

Dress for an "apple" for the Festive season

(8 Posts)
upinthehills Wed 31-Oct-12 13:16:42

I've got a few do's coming up and need a smartish outfit.

Dresspi has recommended this one.

I like the idea of lace dresses but think they often look cheap. Does this one look cheap?

KnockMeDown Wed 31-Oct-12 17:46:36

No, it certainly does not look cheap! I am an apple, too, and that is a great shape - very flattering.

If I had a few do's coming up, I think I would consider it myself smile

I would def go for it!!

3mily Wed 31-Oct-12 17:55:33

No, I like it. Go for it smile

7to25 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:59:51

I can't see how that would suit an apple shape as it has a waist seam. I am an apple and would look terrible in that dress.
Anyway, suck it and see. You can only tell by trying it on.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 31-Oct-12 20:37:16

I agree 7to25. i actually look better in sack-like dresses, they seem to give me more shape

Karinatstyle Wed 31-Oct-12 20:45:53

I think this could look fab. For apples, wrap & ruching details around middle are great as they create a waist. Deep 'v' necks are good as they 'lengthen' the body and flatter the chest area. I'd say it looks v classy!

upinthehills Wed 31-Oct-12 23:22:48

Oh good - i suit empire dresses and i felt that, even though it has a definate waist it was quite empirish! Will see if i can track it down at the weekend - can never buy online - bloody broad shoulders

sleepdodger Thu 01-Nov-12 00:07:13

Good legs?
Sainos had a display of black knee length dresses with long sleeves and a Matt sequinned Peter pan collar yesterday which I was trying to justify thinking of buying for the party season as it seemed simple chic and would hide a multitude of sins looked flattering
I also saw similar in topshop but were more expensive and flimsy (getting old grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now