Talk

Advanced search

apologies, have done this before but need new ideas....re being fab@50...

(6 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Wed 31-Oct-12 01:38:31

have got my 50th in a couple of weeks. Still haven't found "the" outfit........well I have but am not going to pay £200 for something that will possibly be worn once.

So, am size 12-14..... not good with halter-necks or strapless due to being very fat and broad shouldered.

Tight fighting not great as am overweight... but am otherwise quite trendy. Prefer Autumnal colours (ie pink and powder blue are out; prefer gold to silver and ivory to white..... but secondary consideration, am getting desperate)

I have a dress which "will do", but would have liked something new. Any help appreciated and apologies in advance if I don't like your ideas (hard being an old bird!)

higgle Wed 31-Oct-12 09:53:35

velvet stripe
lace brora velvet tunic If you want to feel comfortable and can do a classy but quite plain look these dresses might be worth considering. I'm over 50 and in good nick apart from being a bit overweight and they are the sort of thing I'll be looking at as my christmas dress.

lilolilmanchester Wed 31-Oct-12 10:03:04

thanks higgle. I really like all those dresses ... but not quite "partyish" enough for what I'm looking for.

Just to add to my preferences..... don't like to show a lot of cleavage BUT need a lowish neckline..... "bodycon - tight" is out, but prefer them to be a bit fitted.

higgle Wed 31-Oct-12 10:18:03

comfy but glam? The first review was for a birthday party dress. There are several nice dresses on that site and although some of them do cling they don't seem to emphasise podge too much!

lilolilmanchester Wed 31-Oct-12 11:01:01

black sparkly more like it... was hoping not to spend so much as unlikely to wear it again.... but definitely like that one

higgle Wed 31-Oct-12 11:04:44

You can flog it on ebay afterwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now