Talk

Advanced search

hair extensions - for "normal" people??

(4 Posts)
ooer Tue 30-Oct-12 21:49:27

Hi all - DH was reading an article in the Guardian about hair extensions and how they're becoming more popular among ordinary women, not just celebs, and he was sceptical in the extreme.

So I promised to ask around on Mumsnet and see how popular they are ...

emsyj Tue 30-Oct-12 22:04:41

I think clip-in ones are relatively widely used - I have 3 friends who have them for nights out. One of them is quite glam but the others are just normal (if that makes sense...)

I only know one person who has 'proper' extensions all the time and she works as a model so needs to maintain her appearance. Her extensions are amazing, they look 100% natural and I would never have guessed they were extensions if she hadn't told me. Who knows how many other people out there have them but you can't tell...?

Womenandchickensfirst Wed 31-Oct-12 00:14:03

Well, I have them all the time, and think I'm quite normal! Certainly not a model! I have alopecia, so have a 'system' to which the extensions are attached. When I tell people they are amazed, as they are really natural looking. I can use the Babyliss Big Hair, heated rollers and tonight I've dyed my hair. They are high maintenance, but after years of hair loss I don't mind spending the time or the money, as it makes me feel normal again, and they give me confidence I didn't have before.

vjg13 Wed 31-Oct-12 07:24:54

Three of the hairdressers at the place I use have them and they look really good. I had to ask who had them because I wouldn't have been able to tell. I think the price, time and maintenance will put lots of people off though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now