Talk

Advanced search

Do nice tattoos exist?

(293 Posts)
ZombieSplodger Tue 30-Oct-12 20:58:30

I'd quite like to get a tattoo but am quite concerned that it could just look shit.

Are there any rules about getting a tattoo so it looks nice, maybe pretty, and minimises the risk of you regretting it?

Do nice tatoos exist?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No.

twooter Tue 30-Oct-12 21:20:42

Small and where no one will ever see it unless you're completely naked....?

MaureenMLove Tue 30-Oct-12 21:22:01

I think, if you're having these thoughts, you're not 100% sure and shouldn't get one!

IMHO, you are either a lover or a hater and there can be no in between!

LynetteScavo Tue 30-Oct-12 21:23:05

If you find a nice tattoo, I'd love to see a link.

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:23:51

mine is nice. i have no desire to have another but i have a large one on the top of my right foot, and i love it. i think its nice. its feminine and tasteful and looks fab in great shoes.

or i can hide it with tights or socks if i choose. it should be on my profile....i think if its still there. its nicer now its all healed up.

Rollmops Tue 30-Oct-12 21:24:11

No. Intrinsically ugly.
Shoot away.

FryOneGhoulishGhostlyManic Tue 30-Oct-12 21:25:03

Well, I think all 4 of mine are nice. But then, I would, wouldn't I grin

First 3 done over 20 years ago, last one a birthday present ast month.

RVPisnomore Tue 30-Oct-12 21:25:31

No

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Tue 30-Oct-12 21:26:31

It needs to be something you're 100% on and is for you, and possibly means something. Most people who just turn up and get a tattoo picked from a wall chart will regret it.

A good tattooist will help draw you a design and do it the best way possible. A bad tattooist will take your money and mark you for life anyway.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:26:45

My DH has a memorial tattoo and i think it's really nice

terrywoganstrousers Tue 30-Oct-12 21:27:52

No.

HoneyDragon Tue 30-Oct-12 21:28:39

Mine are all shit and tacky because that's how I roll.

Or it could simply be a matter of perspective?

I get confused.

Valpollicella Tue 30-Oct-12 21:29:44

I like mine. It's tiny and hidden. I'd quite like another as well.

Go for it OP, as long as you are sure. A tiny one would take less than 15 mins

ravenAK Tue 30-Oct-12 21:29:59

I love mine. It's a bloody great raven & I'm having some vines added to twine down my arm.

But if you want a tattoo which is nice, & pretty, I think you might be better which some stick on sparkly things.

No offence intended - just, y'know, you'd be stuck with an actual tattoo a long time, & if it's just 'pretty', what's the point of risking regretting it?

HoneyDragon Tue 30-Oct-12 21:30:02

<<muses>> I suppose you would be somewhat tacky if you rolled in shit?

But you get my point? wink

FryOneGhoulishGhostlyManic Tue 30-Oct-12 21:31:48

My latest was in a book of designs but I asked for different colours as I liked it the moment I saw it.

littlemisspumpkin Tue 30-Oct-12 21:31:55

I think they can be nice mine are small and have a personal meaning.

I thought a lot about what I wanted and where I wanted them and went somewhere reputable.

You are always going to find people who love them and people who hate them.

I have a small Japanese symbol on my back at the top left and a small star by my right ankle bone.

Both can be hidden and can be shown when suitable! smile

OohMrDarcy Tue 30-Oct-12 21:37:59

I have wanted a tattoo since I was about 20, however at the same time I was extremely keen to not rush the decision and find something I wouldn't regret

last year at the age of 30 (yep - 10 years later) I found a tattooist I was really comfortable with , he designed a pattern based on a chat with me.... its kind of like a heart with what I will officially call 'twiddly bits' either side which are mirrored , I can't describe it clearly. There are also the initials of my children in script which are mirrored as a part of the twiddly bits, but you wouldn't know they were there unless you knew to look for them. There is another script initial which is only on one side, this represents the baby I lost hence it not being mirrored.

I don't really tell anyone about my tattoo - I love it, it means the world to me, and how could I ever regret something built around my children? Only my husband knows about the letter relating to my miscarriage and only family have had a proper look at the tattoo / been shown where the initials are

OpheliaPayneAgain Tue 30-Oct-12 21:48:25

No, they are heinous. Unless you have been in a concentration camp, but I suppose the inmates didnt get much choice in that.

I've never seen one.

ZombieSplodger Tue 30-Oct-12 21:55:14

I know I definitely need to be sure, and mostly am I think but still hesitant enough not to go for it yet. Have probably also been thinking about it ten years, I just want it to be something I'll stil be happy with in years to come.

If anything, I'd like to have two little stars, somewhere discrete that I can cover if I want. Maybe not something pretty though raven, though I've never tricked a stick on tattoo, don't know if that rules me out?

ISeeDeadFairies Tue 30-Oct-12 21:55:31

I got 6 and dp has 5 both ours are all nice

clam Tue 30-Oct-12 21:56:33

Oxymoron: nice tattoo.

TeaTeaLotsOfTea Tue 30-Oct-12 21:59:01

Nice tattoos exist......on men!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now