Talk

Advanced search

I used to be so stylish...

(14 Posts)
KateSpade Tue 30-Oct-12 20:13:26

Wails

Pre-DD i used to be so trendy. I used to look like this: Stylish, Covetable, well presented

Now i look like this: Second picture down

I've recently left my Job in a trendy High Street store, so inspiration has disappeared and very bogged down with Uni work.

I'm 5ft1, and a size 12, so not overly fat but not really skinny. any stylista's out their got any clothes suggestions?

suebfg Wed 31-Oct-12 02:07:37

ha ha ... I'm sure it can't be that bad but I can empathise with what you're saying. I have got myself into a bit of a rut that I'm fighting to get out of.

I really like my berry skinny jeans that I bought from M&S. I can wear them with knee length boots in the day or dress up for night with a cream lacey top and high heels. Hope that helps.

FunBagFreddie Wed 31-Oct-12 13:18:39

OP, I feel your pain!

KateSpade Wed 31-Oct-12 13:29:49

I'm glad other people feel the same, in a non horrible way! I spent yesterday searching the web for new clothes & 1 shirt caught my attention.
Today I am wearing skinny jeans, converse a wine coloured jumper & an army jacket. What are you wearing?

Ummofumbridge Wed 31-Oct-12 13:32:19

I empathise too. I'm at uni and also have 5 dc. I usually end up with a hoody, jeans and FUGG boots.
blush
I am also very poor sad
You need to buy some coloured jeans apparently. And an animal jumper. grin

Hopefully Wed 31-Oct-12 13:33:08

I had to try really hard to get my style back after children. It would have been so easy to disappear into Mumboot hell. Totally worth it though, I am back to loving clothes!

Ummofumbridge Wed 31-Oct-12 13:33:25

I'm wearing jeans, a next jersey top thing (5 years old) and my dressing gown because the heatings broken.
Beat that!

FunBagFreddie Wed 31-Oct-12 13:40:17

Animal jumpers - meh! I was wearing things with cute woodland animals on them last winter. grin

I'm wearing a very low cut blue, beige and brown stripy jumper and some bright blue skinny jeans. I have no idea how trendy that is - sorry.
I have some nice clothes, and I never wore them (including my stripy Monsoon jumper), because I wanted to save them for a special occasion. It has recently dawned on me that there are no special occasions. DP is about as romantic as a used bus ticket and I’m a workaholic. If I wait for a special occasion, I will be in my 60’s or possibly dead!

Ummofumbridge Wed 31-Oct-12 13:58:30

Yes yes!! Fbf!
I have Special occasion clothes hanging up in my wardrobe unworn.
Anything I wear quickly gets covered in baby slime so I'm not wearing 'nice clothes' until they stop sliming me.

FunBagFreddie Wed 31-Oct-12 14:01:09

Just wear the nice clothes Ummo! Once you have a family and lots of responsibilities the occasion my never come.

Don't wear get them covered in baby slime if they are dry clean only though. grin

QueenCadbury Wed 31-Oct-12 14:08:58

I posed a thread about saving clothes for best the other day. As someone said this is as good as it is going to get grin

KateSpade Sat 03-Nov-12 19:58:24

Well Ladies, i went shopping today and bought some amazing clothes, & spotted a lovely going out type dress that i may have to pick up soon. Feeling slightly better, but still would like to improve!

chanie44 Sun 04-Nov-12 20:31:24

I used to save my lovely clothes for going out - then I realised that not only did I rarely go out, but the clothes were out of fashion, by the time I got around to wearing them.

Now, I buy clothes for eveyday wear and make sure I wear them.

Judebear Sun 04-Nov-12 22:43:00

I am so so bad for saving clothes for best and never wearing them, then finding them hanging up months later!

Really need to start wearing things ASAP after buying!

So glad you managed to find some nice things in the shops smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now