Talk

Advanced search

Winter boots to wear with skinny jeans

(23 Posts)
PuffPants Tue 30-Oct-12 15:08:53

Approximately mid-calf, anything taller makes my legs claustrophobic.

What are you wearing with your skinnies now it's chilly out? Please?

mummysmellsofsick Tue 30-Oct-12 16:21:59

Exactly what I have been searching for. Have ordered a pair from Camper that are very sensible but now want a smarter pair with a small heel. I've been going around London studying people's feet

MadameCastafiore Tue 30-Oct-12 16:26:23

Ordered fly boots from amazon got black and brown for bargain 130 quid and I have to say are half calf length and super comfy.

MelodyPondering Tue 30-Oct-12 16:31:56

Ooh can you link please Madame?

MrClaypole Tue 30-Oct-12 16:35:21

Had these for 2 years, most comfy boots ever.

And wierdly, the suede is still in pristine condition despite all the rain and snow I have subjected them to!

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20348330

wornoutbutstillwonderful Tue 30-Oct-12 16:40:14

I agree MrClaypole I have them ones, I also have www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352538 and find them just as good.

PuffPants Tue 30-Oct-12 16:55:00

I can't link on my phone but there was an old thread in which someone linked to Jennifer Aniston's Bronx Reno boots - I like them but can't find anywhere that sells them! Like Uggs but nicer wink

digerd Tue 30-Oct-12 20:00:29

Love the MrClaypole boots - lots of room to stuff the bottom of skinny jeans and any other trousers into the boots. I have a pair of winter boots I won in a raffle costing £50 in 1996 in Germany, and I stuff my thick fleece trousers in and pull them up and out to look like a kossack dancer . But in my older age group, I need ultra lightwight, which they are, and these look too heavy for me. But fine for the young and fit. Really like the shape and detail.

PuffPants Tue 30-Oct-12 20:47:45

Er...ok confused

Spookey80 Tue 30-Oct-12 20:58:43

Try amazon for the Bronx renos, I have those and thy are fab.

PebblePots Thu 01-Nov-12 09:12:34

Have been looking at fly boots on amazon - they look gorgeous but many many reviews say they leak like a sieve in even mildly damp conditions. What a shame. Would love to get similar styling but non-leaky! Any ideas? (slight hijacked, sorry)

PuffPants Thu 01-Nov-12 15:36:01

I've looked at Fly boots but don't you think they're a bit...um...butch?

Plopsicle Thu 01-Nov-12 15:45:17

I ordered these after seeing them on another thread http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/CT469/Caterpillar-Womens-Vanessa-Buckle-Fur-Boots-Black they have them in brown as well.

They are fur lined so nice and warm they are mid calf.

Plopsicle Thu 01-Nov-12 15:45:45

www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/CT469/Caterpillar-Womens-Vanessa-Buckle-Fur-Boots-Black

Sorry

PuffPants Thu 01-Nov-12 15:54:48

Ooh, nice - what's the fitting like? I'm 5.5 bit I notice they're out of stock in a 6.

Plopsicle Thu 01-Nov-12 16:02:13

I wear either a 6 or 7 usually and went for a 6 because the reviews said they are quite a large/wide fit and they fit fine so you might get away with a 5

unexpectediteminbaggingarea Thu 01-Nov-12 16:03:02

ooh mr claypole I followed your link because i'm looking for some new boots and I have them already! They are good, aren't they? I wear mine daily. And they go with everything. I'm looking for a bit of a heel this year though. Might go back to clarks though because they are so comfy.

ginmakesitallok Thu 01-Nov-12 19:00:07

I'm going boot hunting tomorrow - had fly boots last year, wore them yesterday - both feet soaked sad That and the stitching is coming away at the side... Might head to Clarks instead

Dillydollydaydream Thu 01-Nov-12 23:40:13

I have the Majorca villa ones too. They are lovely, they are quite loose on the leg rather than fitted but the colour goes with loads of my outfits. I got them last winter and they still look great.

PuffPants Wed 07-Nov-12 12:22:40

Well, I ordered the Bronx Renos on Amazon - just arrived, I got a 5 and a 6 to try as I'm really 5.5. Absolutely love them! The warmth and cosiness of an Ugg but far more stylish.

My question: Spookey80, do they stretch? I'm definitely right in the middle of the two sizes...

Love them though, the cognac is lovely - try them! Free delivery and returns too smile

Spookey80 Wed 07-Nov-12 13:35:22

Puff pants- they do stretch a bit. I am also about a 4.5, I got a 5 and always wish I had got a 4. However I wear them with thick socks and tights so you can do this if unsure about getting the smaller size.
GLad you like them, what colour did you get? I have had mone for nearly four years now and they are so hard wearing. Still going strong this winter, as my go to comfy, warm, wear anywhere boot. Love em!

Spookey80 Wed 07-Nov-12 13:35:52

Just seen- cognac, lovely!

Ilovecrossfit Wed 07-Nov-12 15:36:42

Clarks has a lovely pair of biker boots, I dont need more boots but I think these are bargain at £89 and Id love them!!

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20351871

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now