Talk

Advanced search

Want to avoid the tweedy matron look....new wardrobe needed!

(6 Posts)
Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 13:52:27

Finally I've lost more weight than I'm going to tell you a few pounds and am now a size 12.

My existing wardrobe consists of wellies and clothes bought from charity shops because they'd fit me, not because of their style or colour or anything as frivolous as that.

I have £300 to spend and need a basic wardrobe. I have an outdoor, country life so I need reasonably practical stuff that won't get trashed by dogs and the weather, but I feel slimmer and younger than I have in years, so I'd rather avoid the tweedy country matron look. I don't know where to start, can you suggest anything please?

Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 13:53:57

Should have said I'm 48 and 5' 4".

libertychick Tue 30-Oct-12 14:24:01

How about
gillet
stripy jumper
chambray shirt
cable jumper
m&s jeggings x 2 Black and denim
boots

Come to just about £300!

GeorginaWorsley Tue 30-Oct-12 14:27:43

M and S jeggings good,I have the coated chocolate and damson ones and they even better imo.
How about scarves to add colour and interest?
I have loads from Primark that were £4 each,I mix and match depending on outfit.
White Company good for neutral tees and jumpers.

Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 14:46:34

God you people are good! I love the cable jumper and the jeggings. The boots would never have crossed my mind but would be perfect.

I'd forgotten all ths scarves I still have from my pre big days. I put them to the back of my mind and wardrobe when I was busy letting myself go! Can't wait to dig them out. Thank you .

libertychick Tue 30-Oct-12 14:57:08

<Blushes and twirls with delight at getting it right>

This tunic would also be nice over the jeggings with a scarf.

Have fun and v well done on the weight loss - it's a fab feeling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now