Talk

Advanced search

Bag-ladies, bag-ladies lend me your ears (or your advice)

(5 Posts)
comelywenchlywoo Tue 30-Oct-12 11:38:31

I need a new handbag. I fear it is impossible. DS is 2 and I don't really want to take the changing bag anymore (it's had it), but my old handbag is too small for what we need with us. Added to that DS is a wriggler and I'd like a bag that I can wear across my body.

I would really like something satchelly, slouchy, tan or dark tan leather mulberry bayswater, but I shouldn't really spend more than £100. If it can't be leather I'd rather it was fabric than plastic/ fake leather.

I've been trawling T K Maxx to no avail. Have been tempted by the Cath Kidson messenger bags, but they're not really what I want. I like the main girl off the BBC's drama "Hunted"'s bag, but it would be too big if it didn't have compartments inside IYSWIM.

Am I too poor to be this fussy? Is there any hope for me?

My shoes are tan brogues (uggs when it gets colder:don't judge), and my coat is a black knee length military job or a Joules down jacket.

Help me! I'm close to giving up.

Hayleyh34 Tue 30-Oct-12 11:41:34

You should have a look on the Scaramanga website, see if anything appeals

comelywenchlywoo Tue 30-Oct-12 11:51:40

Ooh I like the Small Retro Leather Satchel 11 Inch very much indeed! That's a lovely website Hayley thanks.

Hayleyh34 Tue 30-Oct-12 11:55:26

No probs. My DH has bought me the saddle bag for Xmas and the quality is great (not that I've sneaked a look at all!)

comelywenchlywoo Tue 30-Oct-12 11:59:07

I really like the saddle bag too. I just know I'd never fit all my crap possessions in it. They should make a bigger version for gals like me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now