Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find boots like these?

(6 Posts)
MeerkatMerkin Tue 30-Oct-12 00:51:47

www.shoponthebeach.com/5380/products/oxygen_danube_boots_in_tan_leather.aspx

I ordered these boots a month ago from a seller on eBay - the seller is the official company (who went bust or something yada yada) so I can't find them anywhere else.

Anyway there was some mix up and he didn't actually have the stock of this style available but told me it would be here in a week... obviously this was not the case so I am now tempted to take the refund he is offering me (he has said the boots will be here this Friday but he's said that every week for a month now so not holding out much hope) but for the fact that the boots are BEAUTIFUL, and I can't find any I like as much. sad

Wise MN, can you help me? The features I particularly like are the distressed tan leather and the little wedge, and the fact that they are quite chunky but without too many bells and whistles (ie thousands of straps).

Has anyone seen anything similar either online or on the high street?

They do have a similar pair that are apparently in stock but these don't have the wedge and I'm dumpy.

item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170834512099

Or are these the best I'm going to get if I don't want to wait even longer? My feet are cold and I just want my boots, sob sob.

NewFaceNeeded Tue 30-Oct-12 01:07:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TapselteerieO Tue 30-Oct-12 15:06:45

Be careful buying Fly boots, I had the £40 Mol boots and they were never waterproof even when the ground was damp they sucked up water - a lot of money full price for potentially leaky boots!

If you are dumpy (I am too) what about a block heel?

TapselteerieO Tue 30-Oct-12 15:07:43

These DM www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Martens-Womens-Authentic-Wedge/dp/B000W06G7O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sh_16 boots have a wedge.

MeerkatMerkin Wed 31-Oct-12 18:03:07

Both the Fly Mols and the DMs look really good, think I prefer the Fy but have also heard really bad things about them not being waterproof at all, and I really need something practical. DMs are built for function, aren't they?

littlebrownmouse Wed 31-Oct-12 18:05:45

I have those DMs, I love them they're fabulous but I wouldn't say they'd be waterproof around the zip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now