Talk

Advanced search

Any good buys in M&S?

(10 Posts)
libertychick Mon 29-Oct-12 21:47:39

I have just been given a £100 voucher as a gift. Would like to get something that's a treat rather than just spending it on tights, knickers and chocolate!

Thinking maybe a cashmere jumper - is it worth it? Any great items that I am missing? Not into the owl dress!

Meggles76 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:55:46

I like their cashmere. Bought a couple last winter and another this year. They wash and wear well.
I also saw a couple of nice leather bags when I was in the marble arch store.

libertychick Mon 29-Oct-12 22:04:10

Yes I have been browsing through their bags. I'd like a tan or brown leather bag. this is a possibility but I don't love it. Probably need to see in RL. Also I don't like that it doesn't have a zip.

Liked the look of this but the reviews say the handle is plastic and looks cheap.

polyhymnia Mon 29-Oct-12 22:15:35

I too have had several pieces of their cashmere and been pleased with them .

libertychick Mon 29-Oct-12 22:43:18

How much pilling do you get with M&S cashmere? Picking bobbles off stuff drives me insane!

Meggles76 Tue 30-Oct-12 06:50:12

They have been good. I hate pilling and no longer buy much Boden knitwear cos I find they are terrible for it.
Have washed cashmere on wool setting, with wool detergent, dried flat and pressed gently.
M&S have some nice colours in cashmere at the moment - teal, burgundy and the more neutral colours.
There is a nice leather autograph shoulder bag online - can't do links from my phone. Comes in black and a nice wine colour. £89.

Itsgottabebags Tue 30-Oct-12 07:52:06

Someone posted some cashmere knit warmers the other day. They looked nice but it's not like you can go wrong with wrist warmers. Saying that I am sure M and S could find a way to 'Per Una' them up with flowers etc.

I have 2 M and S cashmere scarves that are still going around 4 years later so worth the money imo

polyhymnia Tue 30-Oct-12 11:39:16

Agree with Meggles on the pilling. There has been a little eventually (ie after many months not a few weeks) but they are certainly better than Boden and others I've tried.

fromparistoberlin Tue 30-Oct-12 11:45:39

I got my DH the best ever wool jumper from there, seriously amazing

dark grey wool, machine washable, no bobbles, keeps it size

a rare item.....

libertychick Tue 30-Oct-12 13:55:28

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'll be going with cashmere then.

I saw that link for the wrist warmers and I think I will get them. and maybe this cranberry crew neck

itsgottabebags They have managed to 'per una' the wristwarmers!

I quite like this hoody but they only have one colour and I have a LOT of grey clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now