Talk

Advanced search

Had my colours done today - I'm a sultry winter but it doesn't feel right.

(11 Posts)
TickledOnion Mon 29-Oct-12 19:17:14

I can see that the sultry winter colours looked very striking on me especially with the scary bright pink lipstick but they seem such serious formal colours and the look seemed a bit old and dated for me. Not at all the colours I want to wear except for a black tie event or maybe for work.

Can anyone point me in direction of casual clothes and less scary makeup that suit a sultry winter?

Hopefully Mon 29-Oct-12 19:28:10

Did you talk to your consultant about it? I'm sure they'd be happy to suggest a couple of things that might work for you.

What colours did you ** in? Was it the colours or the way you were advised to wear them that seemed ageing? Remember that indigo jeans + a coloured top = wearing your colours. Don't get frightened now!

Hopefully Mon 29-Oct-12 19:29:59

Here are some celebrities who rock the deep/sultry winter look.

AmberNectarine Mon 29-Oct-12 20:20:05

I'm a sultry winter. I wear burgundy lip gloss, which is less terrifying than the lipsticks. I use a lot of the winter neutrals in my day wear (grey, black, navy, white). As hopefully says indigo jeans and a top in one of your colours is a great base, but if that's scary, how about the jeans, a grey top and a scarf in one of your ** colours? not so scary, eh?

Congratulations by the way, I honestly think we have the best season (and certainly the most on-trend at the moment - cobalt, emerald, burgundy)

Hopefully Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:06

<bitter about not being able to wear burgundy>

TickledOnion Tue 30-Oct-12 21:48:15

** colours (just the 100% ones) were charcoal, indigo, navy, fuschia, damson, carmine and pine green. Sounds great for a Xmas party or work, but very drab or over dramatic for everyday.

I already wear boring dark colours and the fuschia and pine green are too in your face for me. I was really hoping that I would look good in some more lively warmer colours like the ones my MIL is always trying to recommend to me but apparently they make me look sallow.

I'm feeling a bit disappointed by the process although I really enjoyed it on the day.

(At least burgundy is in at the moment.)

TravelinColour Tue 30-Oct-12 21:53:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TickledOnion Tue 30-Oct-12 22:13:19

Thanks TravelinColour.

I could see that I looked sallow in the yellow based colours but I thought my ** colours made me look a little bit too pale.
I have quite light olive skin so I am used to looking yellowish. I don't really look like I have the same colouring as any of the deep/sultry winter celebrities. They are either extremely pale with very dark hair or have "oriental" (hope that is not an offensive term) colouring.

My hair is dyed a slightly too warm shade so I was wearing a big black velvet headband to show my natural hair colour underneath. The hairband and bright lipstick certainly added to the dated-ness of the look.

TickledOnion Tue 30-Oct-12 22:16:41

Just realised I was referring to a different link to celebs not the one in Hopefully's post. Can't find it right now but it includes Lucy Liu.

MrsSnow Tue 30-Oct-12 22:31:25

Does this help?
[http://personalitycafe.com/general-chat/37461-what-your-color-season-spring-summer-autumn-winter-fun.html more colours and people]

MrsSnow Tue 30-Oct-12 22:32:13

take two

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now