Talk

Advanced search

Anyone able to help dress e for fashionable, smart night out?

(7 Posts)
Cartoonjane Mon 29-Oct-12 16:26:03

I am lucky enough to be going out for an evening to a smart, London, restaurant/ bar. I do like clothes/ fasion but feel quite stumped by what to Wear for this, perhaps because I live in a sleepy seaside town.
I am 45, tallish, size 12-14 (ie I carry a bit of extra weight but don't look too fat). I have quite an extensive wardrobe so might be able to put something together from what I've got but I don't know what sort of thing to go for. I could buy if necessary.
Any help woud be much appreciated.

MaureenLove Mon 29-Oct-12 16:34:24

you are eating or sitting down?
do you prefer dresses or trews?

I like the old lace gothicy top under a jackay routine

or maybe a funfur coat thing and jeans

MaureenLove Mon 29-Oct-12 16:35:17

take a look at the @Looks" here and on other websites of clothes shops you like
www.mintvelvet.co.uk/brigitte-2/bundles/fcp-content

MaureenLove Mon 29-Oct-12 16:36:29

liked htis but not paying that && for that
www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ivory-victoriana-blouse//mint-v/fcp-product/2075

Cartoonjane Mon 29-Oct-12 16:49:32

Thank you very much.
We will be sitting in a bar area. Prefer skirts and dresses to trousers.

MaureenLove Mon 29-Oct-12 16:51:01

what style sutis you? tits arse etc?

Cartoonjane Mon 29-Oct-12 18:04:27

maureenlove I like the lacy top but can't wear white or pale colours at all. I am fair and red headed so need dark or strong colours. Something like that in another colour with skinny trousers (having said I prefer a dress!) with heels would be something I'd feel comfortable in.
I think the reason Im asking is because I'm not sure what to wear to this sort of place. I have nice dresses but I'm not sure they are the right thing. The place we are going is The Pollen St Social in case anyone knows it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now