Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for 9 yr old DD

(15 Posts)
amidaiwish Mon 29-Oct-12 12:07:03

Where do you get nice clothes for your pre-teens?
Up until now i've gone for a mix of Boden/Gap with a bit of A&F (from the states) . She is quite tall and slim so John Lewis/M&S all too big around the waist, and Gap too now.
Unlike her 7 year old sister she is not really into clothes, so nothing too fussy.

Boden is a good fit on her generally but the style all a bit babyish (i never did go for the loud prints) but great basics.

FauxFox Mon 29-Oct-12 12:16:53

River island, New look, H&M and Zara all do lovely girls clothes.

Fairylea Mon 29-Oct-12 12:18:30

Good old next ! I also buy women's petite size 6 tops for 9 year old dd.. they fit really well.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 12:29:22

New Look, h&m, zara, primark.

DD is 11 and wouldn't really wear stuff from Next anymore.

amidaiwish Mon 29-Oct-12 12:59:19

thanks, i was in zara on saturday and got her some jeans, the skinny ones with an adjustable waist which fit well, couldn't see much to go with them though, just lots of cutesy dresses? will take another (harder!) look and at the others.

strictlycaballine Mon 29-Oct-12 16:21:01

It's difficult once they get older than eight isn't it? My nine-year old dd is also fairly tall and v. skinny and so trouser waists are an issue.

I'm afraid I still stick with Boden as we live abroad so not as "obvious" over here. But we only go for plain long-sleeved t-shirts and plain, slim jeans - dd is not in to flowery stuff. Also find their adjustable waists very useful. Also - dd tried a long sleeved t-shirt from the Johnny Boden range (for teenagers) and the small size fits her perfectly so more scope there in future yrs.

The other companies we use are Cyrillus but I find them ridiculously expensive and Au Pareil du Meme who deliver to UK.

Have had some nice cardis/coats from Benetton too.

amidaiwish Mon 29-Oct-12 16:58:09

thanks strictlycaballine - i don't mind paying Boden type prices as they do last, and DD2 gets them after. With school uniform they don't need a lot of stuff, just a couple of decent outfits and then comfy play stuff.
I had a look at the johnnie teenage range in a small catalogue but couldn't see much, just some jeans, maybe there's more online.

strictlycaballine Mon 29-Oct-12 17:01:49

Yes, thankfully, dd wears school uniform during week too. Would cost a £££££££££££ otherwise!

Forgot to mention Gap too ...

strictlycaballine Mon 29-Oct-12 17:04:24

although ... was very cross with Gap recently when I discovered that dd's new tracksuit bottoms had faux drawstring ...despite appearing to be good quality .. thus rendering them pretty useless

slug Mon 29-Oct-12 17:31:15

Lands End for trousers

H&M for interesting but not too sexualised clothes. DD had a fake leather jacket from there that she wore for several years.

Uniqulo for T shirts and plain coloured hoodies in the XS size.

Bonsoir Mon 29-Oct-12 18:23:10

DD is nearly 8.

I buy her trousers in Benetton, her t-shirts in Eleven Paris, Le Temps des Cerises, Scotch R'belle.

jammietart Mon 29-Oct-12 19:45:02

Mostly from Petit Bateau, particularly good for beanpoles and very unfussy. But agree Benneton good for trousers and coats and the White Company for long sleeve tops and skinny trousers.

amidaiwish Mon 29-Oct-12 20:15:59

fab suggestions, thanks so much

reindeerjumper Mon 29-Oct-12 20:18:09

The Sainsburys Tu range has good stuff sometimes

strictlycaballine Tue 30-Oct-12 00:30:24

Oh yes, forgot to mention Petit Bateau - another vote here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now