Talk

Advanced search

I just want a cord skirt...

(14 Posts)

I am trying to get myself out of wearing only jeans, and fancy the boots, thick tights nice cord skirt look that just about everyone at my work place is wearing.
I want above the knee but not mega short (I'm 44!).

Can anyone point me towards something suitable and not mega expensive? I'm struggling! Thankssmile

Ihatemytoes Mon 29-Oct-12 10:09:36

Next have some.

MaureenCognito Mon 29-Oct-12 10:18:33

Next.

GraceOfWrath Mon 29-Oct-12 10:20:49

Don't forget, cord gives after a bit of wear so don't choose something loose to start with. <strokes cord covered legs>
smile

dexter73 Mon 29-Oct-12 10:44:58

I think you should get this skirt as it can also be worn as a cloak shock!

Sleepthief Mon 29-Oct-12 10:49:08

Some nice ones in the gap sale.

coldcupoftea Mon 29-Oct-12 10:51:25

Saw some nice ones in Fat Face the other day

sweetheart Mon 29-Oct-12 12:25:39

H&M have some here they aren't as short as they look on the picture

SomethingOnce Mon 29-Oct-12 12:36:01

The Gap ones that went in the sale were nice. I bought one in ?plum heather but am considering returning it because the 10 isn't exactly snug as it is and Grace is right about how cord relaxes.

(Gap sizing is mad - in no other store would I be anywhere near an 8.)

Meggles76 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:21:25

I recently bought a teal green one from next. £22. Bargain

FrightRunScream Mon 29-Oct-12 19:30:51

I am v nearly 42 and live in knee length cord skirts, thick tights and boots. Haven't bought any recently, but try Mistral, Ness, Boden, Weird Fish and Manta Ray (Debenhams ). All are online, would link but on phone with sleeping baby in other hand. Also Seasalt and Saltwater. And White Stuff.

Thankyou everybodysmile I am working my way through the suggestions and I will be skirted shortly smile

CharlieMouseWillDoIt Mon 29-Oct-12 19:55:04

I bought this today in FatFace. Planning on wearing it with thick tights and brown ankle boots.

Mumelie Mon 29-Oct-12 21:39:25

M&S had some above the knee pencil ones in berry shades (Indigo collection I think) Nice and stretchy and soft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now