Talk

Advanced search

Waxing eyebrows at home

(6 Posts)
Pastabee Mon 29-Oct-12 07:43:22

I want to try waxing my eyebrows at home due to small baby - DH working abroad frequently situation.

Does anyone do this and would you recommend buying a pot of microwave wax
and strips or pre waxed strips?

cathyandclaire Mon 29-Oct-12 08:33:42

I have mahoosive eyebrows and have waxed them for years, I use a little metal pot of wax that you heat on the hob, I find it more controllable than the microwave. It has a fine ended spatula so there's less risk of removing a whole brow the wax itself hardens and you rip that off, so no strips which is easier.
It's called smooth appeal I think.

Go easy the first time!!!

Pastabee Mon 29-Oct-12 09:01:01

Like a Lycon type wax? Sounds like a great idea.

I normally have them waxed at salon at same time as bikini line but eyebrows are getting worse and need doing fortnightly and I can't keep up!

I'm hoping it'll be easy enough if I'm just tidying up beautician's shape?

cathyandclaire Mon 29-Oct-12 15:45:59

I'm like you..every 10-14 days, just too often to go to the beautician. I find it pretty easy tbh, not had any disasters ( just one small panic when a blob landed on my eyelashes) and it's way quicker and less hassle than plucking,
good luck!

FireOverBabylon Mon 29-Oct-12 15:52:06

I use a Veet facial wax for my eyebrows. It works best if you can get the hair off in one go, rather than having to reapply for a 2nd try but it's easy enough to use at home.

The Veet one you have to soak in hot water and then remove, so I use DH's insulated mug as you can lift the wax tube out with the mug's plunger and save your fingers.

Pastabee Tue 30-Oct-12 09:44:08

Thought I'd update. I went for the Smooth Appeal and i'm really impressed with it. So easy to use and virtually painless as it's a hot wax rather than strip wax.

Thanks for the recommendation. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now