Talk

Advanced search

Do you wear sparkly things or flowers in your hair?

(13 Posts)
Ruprekt Sun 28-Oct-12 22:25:32

I am 41 and not sure if I am now a bit old for this sort of thing.

What do you think?

If you do wear such things, please link to them for me to peruse.

TIA

HellonHeels Mon 29-Oct-12 11:02:58

I'm 46 and I'm not a sparkly-thing-in-hair wearer but I don't see anything wrong with them. I like the slightly goth-y with sparkly stuff look. Do you have fab shiny black bobbed hair? Some jet bead hair items would look good.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Oct-12 11:11:07

No but my 3 year old DD does.

Unless its something very grown up for a night out then I think it can just look a bit ummm zany or little girly.

Ruprekt Mon 29-Oct-12 12:22:46

I know but I watched Mount Pleasant with Shelley from Corrie in it and she wore bits in her hair and looked great.

Cheryl Cole, Nicole Sh, they look great............

What is wrong with this?

Hopefully Mon 29-Oct-12 12:34:53

If it suits your style, you won't be too old. If it didn't suit your style a decade ago, things won't have improved.

Beyond awful on me (I am angular, scary striking rather than feminine, look awful in bling), but perfectly nice on my sister who is very curvy, feminine, romantic, suits vintage clothes etc.

Ruprekt Mon 29-Oct-12 13:02:30

Hopefully that's the thing - am not sure it does suit my style!

My friend is tiny petite and quirky and she looks great!

Sigh - I missed the boat!! grin

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Oct-12 13:06:18

Yeap - I think the key is quirky. I'm too classic and they'd just look wrong but agree they look good on some people.

scarevola Mon 29-Oct-12 13:08:57

Well, HMQ always looks beyond reproach when in a tiara.

I think it's occasion that matters, not age of wearer.

scentednappyhag Mon 29-Oct-12 13:12:12

I wear hair flowers or a bandana with everything, but it goes with my style rather than just plonked on an unrelated outfit IYSWIM.
I don't think you can be too old for them as long as you carry it with confidence smile
Sparkles are not my thing though, I look like a mad five year old sad it's a shame as they can look fab on other people.

Meggles76 Mon 29-Oct-12 15:25:34

I'm 36, v petite and have a leaning towards quirky.
I have blonde bobbed hair. Currently an asymmetric cut. As bobs can be a little dull I often wear oversized flower hair accessories. I stick to shades I like - teal, mustard, emerald or nude shades. I avoid sparkle.

mrspumpkinpatch Mon 29-Oct-12 20:20:55

I like wearing big flowers or clips in my hair. It's fun! Only for BIG hair days for me though.

SpookyAndFrights Tue 30-Oct-12 09:47:48

Im with scentednappyhag I always wear either a hair bandana or a hair flower. You just have to have the balls to pull it off.

Northumberlandlass Tue 30-Oct-12 12:21:07

If my hair is up I am never without a flower (I have about 10 different colours - usually oversized) in my hair. My hair is pinned up messily with either a quiff at the front or my fringe curly & down. The flower is clipped underneath the 'bun' to one side.

I love it ! I don't wear glitzy stuff though.

I'm 40 in a few weeks. Always feels like it finishes my 'look' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now