Talk

Advanced search

What should I wear with this dress...

(16 Posts)
MadBusLadyHauntsTheMetro Sun 28-Oct-12 19:12:51

...to a small family registry office wedding and dinner out afterwards in mid-November, lovely S&B ladies?

Bargainous and adaptable dress that suits me perfectly, hooray!

I've got a couple of ideas for shoes (limited by weird feet). It's what to put over the top I can't crack. I love grey and neutrals in general, but can't find any nice grey fitted jackets I like. Or am I looking for totally the wrong thing?

MaureenCognito Sun 28-Oct-12 19:18:28

a coat? why do you need a jacket?

MadBusLadyHauntsTheMetro Sun 28-Oct-12 19:32:10

A jacket is just what I started out looking for, but I'm wondering now. What kind of coat might it be? I only have a parka and a black and white tweedy overcoat that's a bit too big - bought it when I was two sizes up from where I am now.

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 19:49:35

That is a pretty dress!
How about a pashmina - in a colour depending on your shoes? Not that I'm saying it should be same colour as shoes but complementary

That's nice.

I'd personally go for a black tux jacket or Oasis have a sort of boucle black biker shaped jacket that could be fab with it. Otherwise, a little Chanel-esque one.

Or a cropped fake fur in light grey maybe?

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Oct-12 20:08:04

A little fur jacket would look suitably glam.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Oct-12 20:08:39

Cross-posted with Remus smile

futterbingers Sun 28-Oct-12 20:21:30

Thats a beautiful dress, I'd wear it myself. A pashmina is a good idea, but it would depend on the weather - if its snowing something heavier would be good! If I was looking for something to wear over it, I'd go for a slimline fitted coat. Would you be thinking of a grey or black coverup or would you go for, say, red or royal blue? House of Fraser have some lovely coats on their website. So do Hobbs, but very £££.

plipplops Sun 28-Oct-12 20:41:09

Don't know what I'd wear with it but I think it's beautiful smile

MadBusLadyHauntsTheMetro Sun 28-Oct-12 21:55:12

Ooh fake fur! Yes yes! I wonder if what I need is the dreaded Per Una? They seem to do tons of fake fur every year. And a pashmina is probably a good idea anyway if I go for a jacket - extra warmth around neck/impromptu headscarf if we have to be outside in cold for very long.

I'm not very confident with colour, I'm afraid, so will probably boringly go with grey. There is a very slight tinge of bottle green in the dress though, so if exactly the right green pops up that might work as well.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Oct-12 07:23:59

Plum or burgundy would also look good and should be lots of that around this winter

Turquoiseblue Mon 29-Oct-12 10:46:51

I d go with a fur too smile not sure where I have seen them - wrap/ oasis maybe
Ivory would be nice
Oasis have a nice leather jacket in grey at the moment .... But maybe too casual for this occasion
The other option would be an ivory and metallic ish brocade type jacket .... I saw one on a lady last week and it was fab .... Description sounds awful though I know ....but Trust me it did work - thing with brocade jackets though it you need to be funky enough to pull them off without looking like granny of the bride

hlipop Mon 29-Oct-12 11:03:01

that is a lovely dress - i agree that a plum or burgendy coat / jacket / whatever would look wonderful

Turquoiseblue Mon 29-Oct-12 20:15:52

Oh burgundy would be lovely

PippiL Mon 29-Oct-12 21:30:02

Grr, I've been umming and ahhing about this dress. Tried it on in store and it is really flattering on my new slimmed figure, but pretty unforgiving if you have a tummy at all.

The wedding I am going to is "not top drawer" though, so might just make do with what I have already.

I'm not sure I would wear it again other than to a wedding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now