Talk

Advanced search

I need clothes!

(6 Posts)
Clearlymisunderstood Sun 28-Oct-12 16:40:54

Had my DD 15 months ago, since she was born have been living in shapeless oversized jumpers and jeans.
I want to get a bit of me back but after looking around town yesterday I'm not sure what I should be wearing?
I'm a 12-14, pear shaped, generally live in flats - someone help please! I just want to look tidy and stylish but still be comfy.

FauxFox Sun 28-Oct-12 18:06:20

Get some skinny jeans from DPs - they have a good rise on them to avoid muffin top squeeze and are nice and stretchy - go for a black and a dark blue for extra slimmingness or a brighter colour if you fancy, there are loads to choose from. Get some long sleeve Ts in a few colours and add a scarf and/or a cropped, structured jacket to balance your figure like this or this Go to Primark for a load of scarves so you can mix and match chiffony/woolly/big pash style. Shoe wise go for some flat pumps, black, sparkly or animal print. I like these as they have square toes - I have black and leopard. You also need some flat knee boots, not too tight in the leg, a little space makes your legs appear slim, nice chunky style balance out your shape, these are nice in black or brown.

Finally make sure everything goes together so you can wear ant combination together - not sure on your colouring/what suits you but keep in one selection on complimentary colours and you'll make the most of your spend.

HTH smile Happy shopping x

Hopefully Sun 28-Oct-12 18:13:58

I would swap knee boots for ankle boots for a bit more currentness (that's a word), but other than that I would do what faux suggests. Also add accessories, it makes everything look much more intentional and therefore stylish. I wear the same couple of sets of (cheap) accessories in rotation with different outfits.

If you haven't had your colours done, stick with a limited palette of colours that go together and that you like, so at least everything you have goes with everything else.

FauxFox Sun 28-Oct-12 18:16:30

hopefully is right that ankle boots are more 'now' but i'm afraid I think they make anyone remotely curvy (my size 12 hourglass self included) look like their arse is the size of France...just my opinion of course...

Clearlymisunderstood Sun 28-Oct-12 19:44:39

Wow thanks faux fox! I love everything you've posted, definitely see a shopping spree in my bear future!grin

I'm not 100% convinced on ankle boots but I will definitely try a few pairs on to see if I can make them work.

Can I get away with leggings and long tops or is that look gone now? Any long top suggestions if so?

Thanks for all the help, it's like I became clueless since I had a baby blush

Clearlymisunderstood Sun 28-Oct-12 22:38:08

Should add I'm 25 so hopefully not too old for any look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now