Talk

Advanced search

Under Eyes- What product has worked best for you?

(19 Posts)
bee169 Sun 28-Oct-12 16:35:06

I think I need to use a quality product. I hate wearing makeup but need to as I have serious dark circles and eye bags and slight wrinkles under the eyessad

Can i get your advise?

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 17:14:33

if you want a quality product, Lancome do one but I can't remember what it's called <helpful>

I know this because I bought their foundation but didn't stretch to the undereye concealer despite testing it and liking! (way too many others to use up first)..

RSVPentathlon Sun 28-Oct-12 18:23:25

Lacura from Aldi for around 3 pounds.
Yes really!

sassythebloodFIRSTy Sun 28-Oct-12 18:25:58

I have terrible dark circles and broken veins.

The best stuff to hide them is Vichy blemish concealer stuff - its designed to cover scars and birthmarks etc so does a good job.

Nothing improves the look when makeup free.

bee169 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:41:14

Thanks for your posts

Nigella- I know the one you mean I bought it myself but my under eye area quickly got used to it and it stopped working so well. It was brilliant when I used the tester!!

RSV- Aldi?? LOL- I will give it a go!!

Sassy- I am looking for more of an anti ageing product than cover up

Have any of you tried the Estee lauder Active repair for eyes?? if so any good??

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 19:43:11

in that case I will probably not go back and purchase it, OP... but do undereye areas really get used to particular products? I'd have thought that if it works, it will keep working?
I've not tried the Estee Lauder me, but perhaps would be interested...

FWIW makeup type products should help with the darkness under the eye, but not the wrinkles which in theory would be tackled by creams etc., but TBH i don't think any creams work particularly. Having said that, my favourite undereye cream is Cold Plasma link here but it's fiendishly expensive but if nothing else smells yummmy

LynetteScavo Sun 28-Oct-12 19:47:02

Yes, Lacura from Aldi is really very good! (But it's hard to figure out which shade you need if they don't have testers out).

I also found Nick Lowe under eye for dark circles not bad.

AgathaFusty Mon 29-Oct-12 05:29:19

OP - I don't know what your budget is, or if this is something you would ever consider, but have you googled 'tear trough procedure'?

bee169 Tue 30-Oct-12 16:32:37

Wow!! Agatha - I just you tubed that....i nearly fell off my seat!!

cedge Tue 30-Oct-12 16:43:32

Use a glycolic product under your eyes to soften the lines. Other than that a good concealer is all you can do unless your have your tear troughs filled

MrsBungleScare Tue 30-Oct-12 16:44:52

I use Clinique all about eyes. For me, it really works. When I run out and don;t have it for a while I am always reminded to get more because the dark circles are back!

AgathaFusty Tue 30-Oct-12 16:51:33

bee - grin. Having just had mine done last week, I can't believe the difference it has made. To say I am pleased is such an understatement!

bee169 Tue 30-Oct-12 17:01:51

Thanks Bungle- I saw the Clinique product advertised the other day. Good to know it works- I've always found that Clinique products are really good.

Agatha- hats off to you grin! Was there a little bit of swelling?? It looks like it stings like hell!

Lynette & RSV - do you know if Aldi have shades for dark skin ( just in case they don't you will save me a trip!?)

AgathaFusty Tue 30-Oct-12 17:13:11

bee - minimal swelling and the tiniest bit of bruising the next 2 days. There are different ways of doing the procedure - the one I watched on youtube was with a series of injections, but I had mine done with a cannula which results in less swelling and bruising immediately after (and I think is less gruesome at the time too). It was pain free. I had got to the stage of feeling quite self-conscious about my eye bags (not so much the greyness) and I feel like me again. I really recommend it.

mrspumpkinpatch Tue 30-Oct-12 19:41:08

I have extremely black undereyes- the only thing that covers it well is Estee Lauder doublewear.

It matches the rest of my skin tone so doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation ifyswim.

bee169 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:54:06

Agatha- could you pm me how much it cost you and where you did it??

Birdies Wed 31-Oct-12 19:06:30

Soap & glory do a brilliant under eye concealer in a little round pot. You get a normal concealer with it and setting powder

AgathaFusty Wed 31-Oct-12 20:05:12

bee - for some reason I can't pm you - I am getting a strange error message. Can you try to pm me and I will see if I can reply directly to yours?

Oh Agatha, I'm glad you like it smile, having mine done made a huge difference too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now