Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for fading eyebrow tint?

(15 Posts)
GrouchOhNoMarx Sun 28-Oct-12 16:17:14

Have nc'd as anyone who sees me this week will see I have fucked up the home tint job and I don't want to out myself grin

So, I mixed up black with a touch of brown for lashes and brown with a teensy smidge of black for brows. Cue DC entering the bathroom, asking questions and distracting me and, yes, I must've muddled up the trays.

Mercifully it's half term, but I would welcome any dye-fading tips as I do have to leave the house at some point.

Dillydollydaydream Sun 28-Oct-12 16:19:42

Ooh nooo. Lemon juice, jolene facial bleach but don't leave it in too long. veet

GrouchOhNoMarx Sun 28-Oct-12 16:22:45

Luckily I have Jolen but no Veet - it would really suck if I muddled those two in my current predicament!

Dillydollydaydream Sun 28-Oct-12 17:57:24

*Disclaimer I accept no responsibility if said eyebrows fall out due to over processing with chemicals wink

VerityClinch Sun 28-Oct-12 17:59:23

A facial exfoliator, like the Dermalogica microfoliant, will help, a lot of the colour will be on your skin rather than the actual hair on your eyebrows and exfoliating will get it off.

Hopefully Sun 28-Oct-12 18:15:20

What about something like fairy liquid (in v v small quantities so as not to blind yourself). It's meant to be great for stripping hair dye out. maybe lather a bit on a toothbrush and rub in?

GrouchOhNoMarx Sun 28-Oct-12 20:25:14

Thanks, everyone!

DP didn't laugh at me when he got home but did say "Mmm, they are a bit dark". Not sure what to read into that.

I'll try exfoliating to start with, to get the colour off the skin.

Fairy isn't an option in this house - we use Ecover which I bet it lacks the chemical oomph of the green stuff but I might give it a go before resorting to the Jolen.

Lucky I wasn't getting ready for a job interview or something!

PippiL Sun 28-Oct-12 22:18:56

When did you do them, today?

They will have faded a lot by tomorrow. The you need to pluck, so that will help too.
Yes, yes, to exfoliating.
Don't use jolen etc as they could end up ginger.

Ps in future, don't mix, just use brown on eyebrows but leave it a couple of minutes longer, it can go quite dark brown that way.

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Oct-12 23:10:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Oct-12 23:15:45

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Oct-12 23:17:29

squoosh Mon 29-Oct-12 00:48:00

Head and shoulders is meant to be good for removing hair dye.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 29-Oct-12 01:18:54

I do mine black (I've got dark brown hair) and they tone down within a couple of days.
Definately try the exfoliator.

PippiL Mon 29-Oct-12 07:24:15

Pluck from underneath only, except if you have sticky uppy hairs like me in the middle. I only do a little bit there though.

I always have to pluck a little bit after tinting, or I do actually look like groucho marx.

Head and shoulders? Great tip.

MaureenCognito Mon 29-Oct-12 07:50:20

They fade so so fast.
Or nail varnish remover

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now