Talk

Advanced search

Best body shaper tights

(16 Posts)
GoByTrain Sun 28-Oct-12 15:48:24

Used to love m&s bodyshaper tights 40 & 50 den, but they changed the 'recipe' about 5 years ago, and those I bought then were rubbish (but m&s went through an all-round rubbish stage around then so maybe they're better now?).
Also noticed H&M selling bodyshapers but anyone tried them & liked them?
Or perhaps you recommend somewhere else?
Just looking for small, black, non shiny winter tights that hold everything in. Or most of it ;).
Oh & also looking for high st rather than high end...

I really like the M&S 60 denier opaque ones.

eagerbeagle Sun 28-Oct-12 15:59:05

I know what you mean about m&s shapers. They did go a bit rubbish. They are still the best I've used though. Asda do some and they're much cheaper but they just aren't as good.

If anyone can recommend some good ones that that don't cost the earth I'd love to hear

lurkingaround Sun 28-Oct-12 16:01:50

Marking my spot.
I bought some M&S 60 denier again this year. I agree they're not so sucky-in anymore. I saw they had 100 denier shaper ones and thought they might be better, but only bum and tum shaping. I also need need need thigh too. Good ole saddlebags.

mummywithnosleep Sun 28-Oct-12 16:18:03

Marking my place too. I just the other day put a run in my favourits, blinky irony for you was that I had short nails for the first time in YEARS!!!

They were boots body shapers with a very high waist ie came up under my bra.

I was so good ones again in a decent size as
a) I am not a flower
and
b) I´m blinking tall and I like my gusset where it should be and NOT at my knees grin

I also like the ones with a "seemed" heal if I can get them

Although I do like the look of the micro mess ones, how the hell does that hold anything in anywhere?

I used to wear support tights under my fish net stockings (used to go to a lot of black tie stuff)!

mummywithnosleep Sun 28-Oct-12 16:20:01

OH, dam to many spelling mistakes.

OK; "I was" should be "I want"

"micro mess" should be "micro net"

Off to see if I can find my brain

GoByTrain Mon 29-Oct-12 15:00:54

Hehe Mum re micro mess; blinky irony was rather good too smile
Hmmm, so it seems maybe I should try M&S again.
Since discovering how rubbish they became, I held on to some of my old versions (old skool darning toes and the like), but all (bar possibly one pair) really need to be chucked out. They must surely be at least 5 if not 8 (!) years old now...
Alternatively, maybe the only route is to shell out? Mind you, I used to buy posh tights (in pre kid days) but none of those were ever quite as good as the original M&S.

mummywithnosleep Mon 29-Oct-12 19:46:09

HEHE, fraudian slip me thinks.

I think I may have to join you in the M and S tights department wink

lurkingaround Mon 29-Oct-12 21:43:57

There must be something better than the M&S ones!

Somebody must know! ?

mummywithnosleep Mon 29-Oct-12 21:50:48

Well the boots ones I laddered were very good!

lurkingaround Mon 29-Oct-12 22:02:11

Might give the H&M ones you mentioned in your OP a go. Will report back when I do.

lurkingaround Mon 29-Oct-12 22:08:03

Are these the ones? Shame they're only 50 denier. Would like thicker. For my parsnipy lovely legs wink

PippiL Mon 29-Oct-12 22:14:53

M&S 60 and 100 denier are good. I thought all tights were like that til I bought some normal tights from next and now the m&s ones seem amazing!

GoByTrain Tue 30-Oct-12 09:01:25

Hmm lurking yes thems the ones but they do look too thin. Confused now since my trusty but now nackered m&s ones say '40' or '50' den at top but are v thick (or at least no parsnip view). Hmmm. Btw Im sure h&m did have some 60 den body control tights - tho was with crazed toddler so may be wrong. Off to find mum in the gusset dpmt of m&s. Oh no, that was deeply unpleasant, sorry mum.

womblingalong Tue 30-Oct-12 09:13:57

Aristoc Bodytoners hourglass tights are brilliant, I can tuck under my bra strap and they smooth midsection and bum and tum.

I have some opaque ones, they are brill.

mummywithnosleep Tue 30-Oct-12 12:14:19

Womblingalong

Where can I get them PLEASE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now