Talk

Advanced search

Black or brown boots?

(11 Posts)
freerangeeggs Sun 28-Oct-12 14:38:49

Hi everyone, any help is appreciated smile

I'm thinking about investing in a pair of good knee-high boots for the winter.

I've found a pair of nice boots in Office that I quite fancy. The thing is, I really like them in brown but I think black might be more wearable? I don't want to drop £120 on boots I can only wear sometimes.

Brown

Black

I revamped my wardrobe this year so now it's mostly full of dresses and a few grey cardis to wear over them. I wear my dresses with black opaques. I've got a few colours but most have a bit of black in the design. For example, I have this one.
I think this would look okay with black tights/brown boots. What do you think? Should I go for the black? I really don't like them as much - they're a bit less interesting...

Sigh! First world problems

pommedechocolat Sun 28-Oct-12 14:40:08

I've just ordered some ox blood red boots from Dune after being undecided on brown/black boots for ages. Hopefully they wont end up clashing with everything!

Cybbo Sun 28-Oct-12 14:43:54

I think those particular boots look better in tan. Tan goes with everything anyway.

freerangeeggs Sun 28-Oct-12 15:07:28

I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem, pommedechocolat smile Ox blood red sounds like a good compromise, I'll bear that in mind.

Cybbo, I'm really glad you said that! That's what I think too. But you know how people can be funny about black/brown, black/navy etc...

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Oct-12 15:32:47

Another vote for tan.

Loveleopardprint Sun 28-Oct-12 15:35:10

Have you thought of wearing grey opaques to match cardigans and to tie in tan boots with dress?

SparkyTGD Sun 28-Oct-12 15:36:48

I like the brown, the black just seem to look 'cheaper', IMO.

HappyGirlNow Sun 28-Oct-12 15:37:35

Tan

TheDeathAndGories Sun 28-Oct-12 15:38:02

Agree the brown/tan ones of those

Chocamochalatte Sun 28-Oct-12 16:18:32

Def Tan...

freerangeeggs Sun 28-Oct-12 20:13:45

That's a great idea Loveleopardprint, I'll try it smile

Thanks everyone for the replies so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now