Talk

Advanced search

What can I wear with sparkly shoes?

(15 Posts)
NigellasGhost Sat 27-Oct-12 17:46:40

I am sorely tempted to buy these shoes I have seen - high courts with a bit of a platform, round toe - usual sort of style, but covered in glittery goldy sparkly stuff. Completely bling! I've never owned a pair of shoes like this before and would consider wearing them out to dinner on my wedding anniversary (which is near Christmas, so a sparkly time of year)!

What would you wear them with, though? I know usually you have an outfit in mind first, and then hunt for shoes to go with, but I am kind of starting the other way round here. All I can really think of is some kind of black dress but that sounds a bit boring. But if I'm going a bit bling in the footwear department I don't want to overdo things.

Any advice gratefully received! TIA

DebK2012 Sat 27-Oct-12 18:15:12

Black dress and tights, gold jewelry wink

cathyandclaire Sat 27-Oct-12 18:55:37

Everything, they will make any clothes party-ish!!!

Actually I have shoes like that (from Next, bought in an emergency for a party these: www.next.co.uk/x50304s2#820948x50)
and the best thing to wear with them is several blister plasters wink

Nevertheless I WILL be wearing this Xmas.

DameFannyGallopsAtaGhost Sat 27-Oct-12 18:57:25

Gingham pinafore and small dog? [classic]

Or pale jeans and metallic top for understated?

NigellasGhost Sat 27-Oct-12 20:49:19

cathyandclaire - the ones I have my eye on are almost the same as yours, except not peep toe. Will try and find a link to mine but I don't think the shop has a website....
dame - I'm liking your classic look; where can I find a small dog to match my shoes?

Inneedofbrandy Sat 27-Oct-12 20:52:27

Black dress or black tunic top with leggings and a big blingy bracelet and necklace.

DameFannyGallopsAtaGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 10:30:26

I think they're quite common in Kansas?

anniewoo Sun 28-Oct-12 10:33:21

I hate peep toes and tights.
Just sayin grin

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 11:50:33

mine aren't peep toe.
But I'm not sure of black dress and black tights. Especially if I'm sitting down for most of the evening - the blingy part of the outfit will be hidden under the tablecloth. I should go for the blingy accessories advice above but I'm allergic to all metals except for solid gold sad

Chewbecca Sun 28-Oct-12 12:43:10

I've got this dress in midnight (navy) and am planning to wear it with gold glitter shoes.

DebK2012 Sun 28-Oct-12 13:08:20

www.marksandspencer.com/Scoop-Neck-Sequin-Floral-Dress/dp/B0090V5WGC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_67&nodeId=533512031&sr=1-67&qid=1351429605.
This dress will look great!

notMarlene Sun 28-Oct-12 13:16:11

What sort of budget are you on dress wise? This is a thing of beauty, but not cheap. Great selection of colours.

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 16:59:13

I could stretch to that dress at a push. Yes it is lovely - you both linked to the same one ...
Deb I'm not sure I could carry that one off!

could I wear said glittery heels with skinny black trousers say, or is that just tacky?

Chewbecca Sun 28-Oct-12 17:16:29

You def could wear with skinny black trousers (maybe a jacket and spangly vest top) but it depends what 'look' you're going for. I'm an Essex lass and that look is quite common here amongst the well groomed lot- not necessarily a bad thing. but my tree trunks won't fit into skinny trousers and my grooming is less time consuming

NigellasGhost Sun 28-Oct-12 17:34:09

was going to wear it to the Harvey Nichols restaurant.
sounds good, Chew.. not that Essexy I don't think! (whatever that is)
as long as the clothes worn are good quality, I reckon it could look good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now