Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please, please help me update little black dress for wedding

(3 Posts)
moogdroog Sat 27-Oct-12 16:42:06

I've been invited to a evening reception of a friends wedding (this is my second angst-ridden thread on the subject). Funds are tight, but i've discovered a quite nice black dress that I bought years ago, wore once, that miraculously still fits.

It looks a bit like this - 2.bp.blogspot.com/-xnbXT3S3SeI/T7ZGsypcv7I/AAAAAAAAAYw/hIyb6zM8Ru4/s1600/women+Little+Fashion+Black+Dresses.jpg

So, how can I (quite cheaply and with limited time) bring this up to date? What shoes could i wear with it (not great with heals)? Not keen on my shoulders, back or upper arms, so would a shrug of some description be ok? And if so, what colour? And what about legs? I'm not sure if i can face anything sheer.. I'm a short size 16. I'd rather dress it down a touch.

Please spare me some wisdom, will be seeing people I've not seen in ages, and I've had 2 dcs since last time and feel unkempt and unattractive.

FauxFox Sat 27-Oct-12 17:41:59

this comes in sapphire, scarlett or purple in your size and is reduced. I get the impression you'd rather not stand out too much so maybe you'd prefer the purple? maybe with a mid heel?

DebK2012 Sat 27-Oct-12 18:11:10

Sparkly black&gold/black&silver from m&s and black flats, whatever u choose same colour jewelry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now