Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please, please help me update little black dress for wedding

(3 Posts)
moogdroog Sat 27-Oct-12 16:42:06

I've been invited to a evening reception of a friends wedding (this is my second angst-ridden thread on the subject). Funds are tight, but i've discovered a quite nice black dress that I bought years ago, wore once, that miraculously still fits.

It looks a bit like this - 2.bp.blogspot.com/-xnbXT3S3SeI/T7ZGsypcv7I/AAAAAAAAAYw/hIyb6zM8Ru4/s1600/women+Little+Fashion+Black+Dresses.jpg

So, how can I (quite cheaply and with limited time) bring this up to date? What shoes could i wear with it (not great with heals)? Not keen on my shoulders, back or upper arms, so would a shrug of some description be ok? And if so, what colour? And what about legs? I'm not sure if i can face anything sheer.. I'm a short size 16. I'd rather dress it down a touch.

Please spare me some wisdom, will be seeing people I've not seen in ages, and I've had 2 dcs since last time and feel unkempt and unattractive.

FauxFox Sat 27-Oct-12 17:41:59

this comes in sapphire, scarlett or purple in your size and is reduced. I get the impression you'd rather not stand out too much so maybe you'd prefer the purple? maybe with a mid heel?

DebK2012 Sat 27-Oct-12 18:11:10

Sparkly black&gold/black&silver from m&s and black flats, whatever u choose same colour jewelry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: