Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me accessorise this outfit please?

(4 Posts)
Chewbecca Sat 27-Oct-12 15:33:50

It's my own 40th birthday party.

I'm wearing this dress in midnight. It's mid calf on me as I am pretty short.
I am wearing Jimmy Choo Vamp in gold glitter on my feet (no longer on their website in the colour).

Any suggestions on jewellery would be v helpful.

I am thinking perhaps a thick spangly bracelet but not certain and also not certain about how necklaces will fit into the neckline of this dress. I also have quite thick/wide wrists and big hands so sometimes this look is not too flattering.

Links welcomed please!

racingheart Sat 27-Oct-12 18:13:19

LOVE the dress. It's really beautiful. I'd go for very classic understated tiny pendant or locket on a gold chain that sits just on the hollow of the throat. then maybe a more overstated bracelet - do you like any of the ones on here?

FaffTastic Sat 27-Oct-12 18:39:20

I wouldn't go with a necklace with that neckline - bracelet and dramatic earrings should be enough with the shoes coupled with a clutch bag.

Lovely dress btw.

Chewbecca Sun 28-Oct-12 12:32:57

Thanks for the dress compliments, it is a fab one.
Good, so I think that is no necklace then.

Thanks also for that link, Filigree is a good idea.

I rather like the Evans ones though bit concerned they might look cheap but I have an Evans branch locally so can visit and see in person, will do that this week.

Very very much like the Swarovski Bolster two way bracelet but can't justify spending £200 more! Will have a search around to see if that comes up cheaper anywhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now