Talk

Advanced search

Phase Eight and Whistles sizing?

(8 Posts)
wickedfairy Sat 27-Oct-12 13:50:56

How do you find the above please? I am a sz12 usually (currently very pregnant) and am looking at getting a few bits in for after the baby is born.

The only thing I have from Whistles at present is a cape, so that isn;t really a very good indicator of size, as it is very voluminous!

Thanks smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 27-Oct-12 14:27:03

I don't know about phase 8 but whistles sizing is generous - in fact I'd say their stuff is cut bigger than it was last year especially on the shoulders.

TheFallenMadonna Sat 27-Oct-12 14:29:14

Short and square I think.

Chewbecca Sat 27-Oct-12 15:39:55

Phase 8 tops tend to be generous.

FaffTastic Sat 27-Oct-12 18:47:49

It's hard to say with whistles really - it depends on the style of the dress. I'm a 12 but 2 dresses I have from whistles are a 10 and there is still room for comfort. Tried on another style of dress in a 12 and that was a bit tight - would've needed a 14. I find the tops relatively true to size though.

brighthair Sat 27-Oct-12 19:44:42

I find Phase Eight pretty much spot on, maybe a little generous. I am a 16, and I buy a 16.

WitchOfEndor Sat 27-Oct-12 19:48:19

Phase 8 is generous, im normally a 12, sometimes a 10 but in Phase 8 I can fit a size 8 ( and I am no size 8 by any stretch of the imagination!)

wickedfairy Sat 27-Oct-12 20:05:12

Thanks everyone.

Have bought a jumper dress from phase eight in a 12, so will see how it fits. The "relaxed" look will be ok, as want it casual and will be wearing it after the birth of DC3 (more like a long, slouchy jumper - that's the plan anyway!), so I will be bigger than normal anyway, I'd suspect!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now