TIA

RikersBeard Sat 27-Oct-12 13:00:42

grin at this as a S&B question!

Sensible shoes, waterproofs and swimwear

and some lube if threads on here are to be believed

RikersBeard Sat 27-Oct-12 13:01:42

And a bike lock if using bikes/buggys

monkeysmama Sat 27-Oct-12 13:01:42

Made me grin I had forgotten that thread.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 27-Oct-12 13:04:11

I'd take knitted dresses/boots/tights/presentable shoes for semi-casz evenings, then skinnies with nice jumpers/scarves/blazer for day - but prepare to feel out of place, unless things have changed in the several years since I've been.

Think sports casz and you'll fit right in grin.

nomoreminibreaks Sat 27-Oct-12 13:06:02

I asked just the same thing on here a couple of months ago and had lots of helpful advice.

We took food with us so it wasn't too expensive and had a great time. We got there early (about 12 I think), collected our bikes and had a look around and some lunch then went to the lodge and picked the car up later. Take a rucksack!

nomoreminibreaks Sat 27-Oct-12 13:08:21

Oh and if it is just S&B things you want to know (I nearly started a thread about that too), I found a gilet fit right in!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 27-Oct-12 13:10:17

Oh sorry I assumed you were speaking of sartorial matters! blush

Mosman Sat 27-Oct-12 16:22:16

Last time we went it snowed and was absolutely amazing.
Lots of layers and waterproofs would be my advice nothing worse than getting wet

Meggles76 Sat 27-Oct-12 16:31:27

We spent a weekend there last year and had such are great time, we are going back for xmas grin
For sports type activities I am taking:
Swimming costume, flip flops, running tights, running top, trainers, sports t-shirt, fleece top, gilet.
For day to day:
jeggings, skinny jeans, cord skirt, jumpers, heat tec tops, scarves, parka coat, boots,
For evening:
jersey dress and pair low heels

Last time we went and got dressed for dinner - husband observed we looked like we were at a wedding compared to everyone else! It is very casual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now