Talk

Advanced search

Asked hairdresser for a good match to my brownish auburn hair but its DARK!!Advice needed if you have the time.

(8 Posts)
nobodysfool Sat 27-Oct-12 12:09:37

I have always coloured my hair myself ranging from bright cherry red to a dark brown.I wanted to give my hair a rest from colouring so asked my hairdresser colour it as close to my natural colour and put a couple of slices of blonde in (so I dont get bored). The base colour has come ou so dark I really want to colour stip it out and just go a mid brown. I feel the current dark colout is swamping me even though I have changed my makeup to suit. I have heard that head and shoulders/Tomotei will fade the colour a bit...is this true or should I just go down the Colour B4 route?ANy advice?

Gimblinginthewabe Sat 27-Oct-12 12:14:14

I had this once, but after a couple of weeks it had faded to the colour I wanted and lasted ages. Maybe thats why she did it darker?

Do not colour strip it! When I colour stripped mine it looked ok when done, but then turned orange!!!!

I really would just wait for it to fade.

nobodysfool Sat 27-Oct-12 12:16:35

Gimblinginthewabe - thanks for the reply . I have coloured stripped my hair before and just bunged a level one mid brown over it for a couple of weeks till I could use a perm colour. May give it a week to change a bit...

ujjayi Sat 27-Oct-12 12:27:34

TBH, if it isn't the colour you wanted or asked for then go back to the salon and ask them to correct it. Better to get it sorted professionally than faff at home and still not have it the way you want it.

I had a similar issue a couple of years of ago and didn't go back to resolve......whenever I look at photos from that time I wonder what the hell I was thinking - I look like Morticia Adams....and not in a sexy vamp kinda way!

miche8 Sat 27-Oct-12 12:56:13

i always find i like my hair when its been coloured about 2 weeks after daily washing, i find what ever shade/brand i use it comes out way too dark, almost black, i even used light brown last time and theres no difference to the medium brown and dark brown. A couple of weeks ago i had my hair coloured at the salon they were doing half price colour and the owner did it, usually do it at home but as we have just moved i didn't want to ruin the bathroom, i said i wanted brown and that usually they always come out to dark and guess what the colour came out too dark but after 2 weeks its faded and i likey.

Head and shoulders strip the colour and swimming would too, don't use the colour removers you have to spend ages in the shower and you will be left ginger, also dried my hair out.

HaveAGoodDay Sat 27-Oct-12 14:46:30

If I was you, I would go back to the salon & ask for advice at least. I would explain to them that you feel the colour is too dark. In all likeliness the colour will fade over a couple of weeks by washing your hair everyday, without you having to go down the colour B4 route.

NatashaBee Sat 27-Oct-12 14:51:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nobodysfool Mon 29-Oct-12 21:16:33

Ok I have done 4 wahes with head and shoulders.....changed the colour very slightly.Colour B4 here I come again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now