Talk

Advanced search

Boring: I need new black Jeans - they need to come up to my waist - where should I be looking

(42 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 10:23:40

I'm more of a Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys or if I splurge M&S; would H&M be a good place to look?

Any ideas?

I got some nice high waisted ones from NEXT. They have all styles to..skinny, boot cut and straight. It is SUCH a relief to have ones that actually come up to my waist and don't give me a builder's bum when I bend down! I'm so glad high waisted are back in!

KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 10:30:38

Are they back in? The lady at Tescos laughed at me sad

KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 10:32:44

Do I want Highwaisted, high rise or standard?

They are definitely back in! My two girls (aged 18 and 20) bought some last month and now they are everywhere. I got high waisted (usually have two buttons at waistband) . They are sooooooo comfy. I got straight slim leg but am going to get some skinny ones too.

The lady in Tesco is out of date grin

RinderThrillerNight Sat 27-Oct-12 10:40:06

Next have a great range.

TacoLeBell Sat 27-Oct-12 10:43:13

M&S have the comfiest jeans ever, I buy their skinny ones. They come up waist high and don't go baggy. H&M are the worst jeans I've ever encountered, every pair I've tried have grown 2 sizes after a few wears and looked terrible.

KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 10:48:42

Which ones are they TacoLeBell?

I have a stretch mark & the hiphigh jeans cut right into it

So are they 'standard' at next or high rise (I'm guessing high waisted are the 2 button ones)

Confuseddd Sat 27-Oct-12 11:04:38

Uniqlo skinnies are tummy warmers too. And they come in different colours. Love them.

bigpants103 Sat 27-Oct-12 11:23:08

I recommend m&s 5 pocket jeggings or Dorothy Perkins jeggings. Both high waisted and very comfy. M&S ones have normal jean waistband and DP's have a nice soft pull on waist band, About £22 each.

QueenieLovesEels Sat 27-Oct-12 11:32:11

Next. Stay true size for black but size down for blue/blue.

MarianForrester Sat 27-Oct-12 11:34:42

Oasis high waist cherry.

Swear by them. They are not high waisted in a scary sense, just in a normal, not flashing the pants jeans smile

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 27-Oct-12 11:38:36

Try bhs dream jeans.

They are high waisted and they claim to visually knock a jean size off you.

I love them

KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 12:11:32

Gosh - so many

I hate shopping; I'll have to take a day off

GhoulaPaloooooooooza Sat 27-Oct-12 12:26:44

I really like New Look jeans. cheap, wear well and high waisted. I hate low rise jeans, they emphasis all that I hate about my figure!

HappyHippyChick Sat 27-Oct-12 12:29:20

Asda have some online (possibly in store too) called something like great bum and tum jeans which are great.

Viperidae Sat 27-Oct-12 12:33:24

Second the Asda suggestion, they are really good although I haven't tried the bum and tum ones.

littlemissnormal Sat 27-Oct-12 12:35:44

I agree about the Next ones, they're brilliant and super flattering. If you don't like shopping, why don't you just order a load from the Next Directory and try them on at home?

Pseudonymity Sat 27-Oct-12 13:11:51

Kristen high-waisted from topshop are so great, honestly.

LaurieBlueBell Sat 27-Oct-12 15:16:41

I've said it before, the asda bum and tum jeans are the best I have ever found. I look a size smaller because my muffin top is completely held in but they are also very comfortable.
At £18 a bargain.

KatyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 16:07:04

OK it looks like I have a day in Bedford in a few weeks - so does Bedford have nice shops?

DontmindifIdo Sat 27-Oct-12 16:15:00

I'd recommend Boden jeans but then i'm rather short and their petite ones are perfect for me, I've got the black straight legs and some skinnies, both arse covering. They also seem to have a sale on today.

cornybeefhash Sat 27-Oct-12 16:21:42

i can't see the boden sale confused

Meglet Sat 27-Oct-12 16:29:04

yes, I saw some in New Look a couple of weeks ago. Been meaning to get back without the kids and try and pair on.

DontmindifIdo Sat 27-Oct-12 16:29:57

Oh sorry, i went in via an e-mail, which I've now deleted, I'll see if I can find a code...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now