Talk

Advanced search

High waisted jeans from the high street?

(15 Posts)
suntodayplease Sat 27-Oct-12 07:34:01

Any recommendations? Dark colours, and decent length if possible. I'm a bit out of the loop so would love some suggestions before I head to the shops.
TIA

suntodayplease Sat 27-Oct-12 07:34:44

Sorry should have said skinny jeans, not that out of the loop!

DonaAna Sat 27-Oct-12 07:43:19

Topshop Jamie.

NotQuitePerfect Sat 27-Oct-12 07:53:41

I love my M&S jeggings -much more like jeans than they sound.

There was another thread on here about them recently and they had pretty much universal approval. Good luck!

ALittleLemonTwist Sat 27-Oct-12 08:36:13

Top shop kristens are great but size down!

MorrisZapp Sat 27-Oct-12 08:40:11

You need marks and spencers.

Their jeans are all fairly high waisted unless they say otherwise.

I love and adore my superstretch skinnies from there, very dark denim and go all the way up to my actual waist. I kid myself they have a shade of vintage rockabilly style to them.

moonstorm Sat 27-Oct-12 08:41:42

next

Liveinthepresent Sat 27-Oct-12 16:47:27

Next - lift, shape and slim I think mine are called - lovely high waist and do exactly as they claim!

SomethingOnce Sat 27-Oct-12 17:41:58

As I said on the other thread: T(axdodger)S Kristens.

lucylawless11 Sun 28-Oct-12 10:19:04

Bought some grey skinny high waisted from asda, they are very slimming.

lljkk Sat 03-Nov-12 17:23:21

I bought the "sexy" high waisted pair in Next yesterday. LONG because that's what my short legs require confused. "Sexy" means they're for women with noticeable waists. The Lift & Slim etc. types were all too low and too wide on waist. Annoying thing is that the Sexy Next jeans only have the tiniest short zip on them, like hipsters would have. I am suspicious the zip will not be fit for purpose in long run (will see).

I already had some M&S jeans from charity shop which are lovely comfy but not so flattering (chunky cut).

Also tried on some lovely NYDJ size 6 jeggings (size 2 US shock), but they wouldn't do as only regular length available & not much in my size at all. And there I was prepared to pay £97 (sale price) or even 169 for NYDJ, too <<Muggins>>.

WipsGlitter Sat 03-Nov-12 17:26:17

I got some from wallis last week and am really happy with them.

ladyintheradiator Sat 03-Nov-12 18:20:23

Another vote for TS Kristens. Size down, they give nicely. I have them in every colour and they're so comfy.

Meggles76 Sun 04-Nov-12 07:14:20

The M&S jeggings with the zip and button fastening at £22.50. They are more like skinny jeans than jeggings. Come up nice and high, good quality denim feel with good stretch.
I also have a pair of Topshop Kristens. Nice but I find the denim a little thin for this time of year.

CMOTDibbler Sun 04-Nov-12 07:51:33

I've got a pair of the Next high waist skinnys, and am really pleased with them with - the long is fine for me to wear with converse or long boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now