Talk

Advanced search

Do you like this tunic?

(11 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 26-Oct-12 19:58:14

www.fatface.com/knits/bertie-knit-tunic/invt/36815/?colour=Navyhere
i bought it on a whim to go with just thick tights or leggings. It hugs all the right places and doesnt make me look shapeless or pregnant like lots of other tunics.

But now im a bit hmm what do you think?

bishboschone Fri 26-Oct-12 20:00:35

I have one the same shape from m and a . It's flattering .smile

troubador Fri 26-Oct-12 20:04:21

Honestly? Not really. It's very non descript, it looks like the kind of thing you'd wear if you were feeling a bit pudgy as it covers 'a multitude of sins'.

There's nothing I actively dislike about it, it's just very BLAH and if I was going to spend £50 on one dress it would be hell of a lot sexier or more flattering than that.

mosschops30 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:09:03

Hmm thats my thought, its nice and fits well but is a bit 'meh'

But maybe i should be glad ive got something flattering and shapely

CanIHaveAPetGiraffePlease Fri 26-Oct-12 20:11:08

I've thought about this one. I'm overweight and like things to cover and think this might be a flattering everyday .instead of jeans. Was going to go thick tights and boots

ChippingInLovesAutumn Fri 26-Oct-12 20:12:49

Mosschops - I think it's nice, it will be warm & comfy and look good. They had it in blue as well, I liked it sadly would look crap on me

Do you want 'everyday comfortable and nice' or do you want 'dynamic & sexy for going out'?

mosschops30 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:17:11

No not for going out, just to wear on the weekend or to Uni. Im heading for 40 so dont feel the need to look sexy all the time but do like to feel nice. I have other tunics but this is warm and knitwear and looks lovely with a scarf i bought.

neuroticmumof3 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:18:55

I think it's nice but overpriced. I would wear it but only if I'd managed to buy it in the sale/on ebay for less money (but I am notoriously tight).

mosschops30 Fri 26-Oct-12 22:22:46

I agree it is very overpriced. Not sure whether to take it back or not

ChippingInLovesAutumn Fri 26-Oct-12 23:19:44

It's quite expensive for cotton I guess. Most of my clothes are pretty cheap, being with kids all day I'd rather not wear things that I'm 'fussy' about (if the paint wont come out/it gets snagged while walking in the woods/pulled around by small people and it's not ££ it doesn't really matter to me). On the other hand, my Mum would think that was cheap for a dress... so I suppose it just depends. FF is normally good quality & hard wearing isn't it?

Downfall Sat 27-Oct-12 08:24:29

I like it and would wear it. If it flatters and is warm and comfy and looks great with your scarf then it is doing everything you wanted of it, isnt it?

If it washes well it will be one of your winter staples and you'll be pleased to have had so much wear out of it. But if it looses its shape or snags or bobbles after a few washes you wont want to wear it because it so plain you'll feel scruffy.

Why not give it a few hard wears and washes and, if it disappoints, dig out the receeipt and complain in store about the quality and ask for a refund?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now