Talk

Advanced search

GLOVES- LINED LEATHER OR KNITTED CASHMERE?

(9 Posts)
MissBoPeep Fri 26-Oct-12 17:17:17

Your experiences ladies.

I need to replace some leather gloves that are fleecy lined. I've ordered some from J Lewis that are lovely- soft leather and a lining, but I also have my eye on their long length ( almost elbow length) cashmere gloves.

Pros and cons? Wool is not good in the wet- and not quite so smart- but which is warmer? My hands do get cold. I won't be out in the country- this is mainly for city wear - walking around and waits for trains and buses.

faustina Fri 26-Oct-12 17:20:29

...if you do any driving at all, the leather ones would be the best

moonstorm Fri 26-Oct-12 17:21:12

cashmere lined leather...

EverythingInMjiniature Fri 26-Oct-12 17:21:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissBoPeep Fri 26-Oct-12 17:25:14

Well I don't wear gloves for driving- ever- I don't feel in control unless my bare hands are on the wheel.

JL do have some cashmere lined leather but they are over £50- a bit too much.

anniewoo Fri 26-Oct-12 18:13:16

M&S usually do cashmere lined leather gloves and they will have 20% off i'm sure before christmas.

ruby22 Fri 26-Oct-12 18:55:02

Yes m and s have them for £35 I too am waiting for the 20% event for them

digerd Fri 26-Oct-12 19:28:36

Waiting for the bus, hands get very cold. Cashmere itches me, leather never warm enough. But if you have pockets to put both hands in, that helps. I wore real sheepskin gloves, But had to take them off to open my purse, as too bulky, and inevitably dropped it on the floor, holding up the impatient queue behind me. Knitted gloves, unless lined, are not wind proof. The warmest gloves that my car driving daugter likes, she got from my collection, and they were from New Look 100% Polyester - soft slightly fluffy, in lovely colours, but a few years old now.

HorraceTheOtter Fri 26-Oct-12 23:19:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now